OOC

The SoL Lexicon (Updated 12/02/13

It occurred to me that we have some words that should be defined. I will update this as entries accrue.

Airchair - The act of walking up the side/corner of a table in order to hang just below the edge; once in position one causes the character to sit, thus completing the illusion of being seated in the regular fashion. "If there isn't enough seating, just airchair it."

Arp - RP. Derived from pronouncing the letters: "arr pee" is shortened to "ar-p."

Circlederp - What a group of characters are doing when they're all behaving stupidly at the same time. "So Almara's mad at Squink who didn't prank her but is going to prank her now just to be a jerk and Hildan's egging them both on just because? Excellent circlederp, my friends."

Fruitboat - An incident at GNOME where the crew visited Sholazar and found, at River's Heart, the presence of fruit larger than themselves. 8D face was made by many women. "Alright. I'll chop it in half and then you can shove it into the lake. Then we can ride on it. Or eat it. Or both. Fruitboat!"

GNOME - Acronym for Girls' Night Out: Maximum Excitement. Typically this involves female Servitors gathering to fight and carouse, in that order. "Where are we going for the next GNOME? I hope it's punching yeti in Feralas followed by Speedbarge tabledancing."

GTFTS - Acronym for Go The Fuck To Sleep. That's what we say when someone is delirious. "Look dude, you keep dropping words. GTFTS."

Hivemind, The - Sometimes it seems like members share the same brain. That's because they do. We all share in the Hivemind.

Jazzhands - When players agree to handwave something boring or impossible to readily portray within the limitations of in-game RP. "Want to just jazzhands travel time?"

KISS HER/HIM - This is generally said any time two characters engage in any sort of intense discussion, regardless of any sort of context (gender, positivity or negativity of exchange, etc.) simply because it is hilarious to contemplate. "You guys, I think Aelo might just stab Hildan." "KISS HIM."

Lamp - When a player has to log but their character would totally still be there, doing something. In other words, to pretend someone is a piece of furniture. "Gotta go eat dinner. Lamp me!"

Lifedick - When a priest misuses Leap of Faith for the lulz. "FFFF Prikka stop with the lifedick already so I can pull this boss."

Lightwanker - Slang for a paladin, referencing use of the Light and characteristic judgmental persona. See Problem.

MenaTrivia - In which Philomene asks guildies a random lore question and the first person to give the proper answer receives a prize; often the prize is as random as the question. "Man, the last person totally got a damned chopper for MenaTrivia, but when I won all I got was a White Kitten."

Popcorn - A RP chatlog or, when used in verb form, the act of lurking on RP, perhaps for the purposes of laughing at people's characters. "I'm not actually in a scene. Just popcorning Meri and Eth having a lovers' spat."

Problem - Collective noun used to refer to multiple paladins. "Well, I thought we'd have a balanced team for this, but it turns out we've just got a problem of paladins."

Questions - A time-honored tradition in which the Commander sits down with an Applicant in order to permit him/her to ask her anything they want, just that once. "Hope you thought of something good for Questions. I did a terrible job at it."

Racials - A catch-all term used IC to describe anything racially-charged or simply racist. "You can't say that. That's racials."

Rattle - Slang term used IC to indicate one's armor, termed due to the noise associated with armor. "Get your rattle and meet me back here. We're heading out to harass orcish supply lines."

Sekrit Gnome Sign - A secret gnome sign taught only to experienced gnomes. It can be used in lieu of a high-five, or to acknowledge simulgnome.

Simulgnome - When two players with gnome mains post similar content at the same second. This is attributed to the Hivemind.

SL - Abbreviation for 'storyline'; also known as a plot arc. "As soon as we get a druid-type for that Desolace SL we'll be ready to roll."

Sugartits - Refers to the thread where we dump chatlogs simply for their hilarity factor. When used as a verb, indicates the act of contributing to the lulz thread. Sometimes shortened to 'tits'. "OMFG I cannot believe you just said that. BRB need to tits that."

Syllababble - When Squink is drunk she frequently repeats syllables, to the detriment of those trying to follow what she says. "Oh Light. It's only fourth bell and Shadowquill's already syllababbling. She must've started early."

Triad - Way of referring to Prikka, Hildan, and Philomene as a unit. This term has fallen out of use, as the three are not as closely aligned as they once were. "Triad's having one of their weirdly silent breakfasts again in the mess. Might want to eat by the hearth."

Updated with circlederp.
I submit:

Petting zoo: A gathering of many worgen in one place at the same time. "There is a petting zoo of worgen at the hearth."

Updated with Hivemind, Sekrit Gnome Sign, and Simulgnome.

Bump for newmeats.

Last Forum PostsLast Forum Post RSS Feed
TopicPostedReplies
 57days ago3 Replies
 68days ago0 Replies
 76days ago0 Replies
 91days ago0 Replies
 1016days ago1 Replies
Recent Awards

Dead!

Awarded To
Izarre