Dear Diary

Dexter's Data-Log

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
10 June

The horrific events of June 1 to June 5 will forever be emblazoned in my mind. It has taken me four whole days to recover my strength and presence of mind simply to record that much.

I was so weak and ill after our rescue that all I could do was lay in the infirmary bed all day and attempt to digest the broth they served me. I am better now, though. I have been able and allowed to walk about the keep. This was harder than I imagined it to be, but this morning I was able to make a full circuit of the corridors with only stumbling twice.

My head does not ache so much anymore. When the obelisk was destroyed and my connection to the arcane fields was restored, it was too overwhelming. I was told that I blacked out when this happened and had to be carried out of the compound by those bigger than me (which is to say, anyone else).

The first few days in the infirmary I had severe cerebral spasms and pain. I have refused the doses of mana thistle which the confounded infirmary matron has been attempting to give me. I am flabbergasted by the ignorance she possesses on the addictive qualities of this herb for magic users. I refuse to succumb to temptation like those weak-minded blood elves.

There are many scars we have now. Some visible, others not. I have taken to wearing a balaclava to mask the damage done by the elf's blades on my face. It does little good, however, as those who were taken with me have already seen the damage inflicted. I have not spoken with many others, only brief conversations here and there.

I learned yesterday that my equipment had been recovered during the rescue. I was quite dismayed, however, to find that much of it was severely damaged. Fucking goblins and their grubby, green hands. It will take me weeks to get everything repaired to working order. Thankfully A.R.T.I.E. was not with me during the attack, and C.H.I.P. and my strider were not damaged. Apparently the goblin saboteurs thieves technicians could not crack my access codes.

Score one for Gnomish superiority.

Now that my head is clear and I am able to weigh the gravity of the peril I was in (for I could not do that effectively while imprisoned), I realize a very profound thing.

When I was at my worst, showed little to no functional utility, and was on the brink of madness and destruction, my comrades did not abandon me. For this, I am thankful. I owe them everything that I am and everything that I can do.

They exhibited Strength, Courage, and Compassion in the most dire of circumstances. I did not. I was not strong. I was not courageous. My compassion was subdued.

I am ashamed with how I performed and how much my comrades had to sacrifice for me. And that shame will plague me until my beard grows gray and the horrific memories of that place fade into the nether.

It is time for me to rebuild, and not only my mechanized suit.

4 January

I met an amazing magus tonight who was sharing dinner with Nelmadge. Her name is Jellibelle Manasnap and she is a Professor at the Academy of Arcane Arts and Sciences in Stormwind.

She had a delightful smile and a strong command of her powers.

I may have to read up on conjured confections before we meet next.

21 September

My service with the Kirin Tor terminated last week and I am back with the Servitors of Lothar. It seems that I have returned during a time of great stress. I do not recognize many, but there are a sufficient number of serviceable people, as well as other Folk, so I believe it will be well. 

The sneakier ones are most peculiar. A Kaldorei who exhibits very little of what one would expect a member of his culture to possess; and a gnome who is, from what I have gathered, at least partially bionic and has an interested sense of humor. Miss Jocastia seems quite a bit different than I remember. No doubt a result of her corruption.  Humans do tend to change more frequently than other races.

Miss Nelmadge returned very close to the same time as I, and with a companion named Carmina Cloudweaver, who oddly seems to be in a similar position as Etharion with High Command. She seems most pleasant and has decided to stay at Wildhammer Keep for some time. They make good company.

I have yet to see Miss Dolittle Rattleclank Davvi since I have returned. I hope that changes soon.

Plans to make some upgrades on some of my equipment are underway. Working on some new integration systems to channel arcane energy more efficiently during combat. Let us hope it is not needed too soon.

1 May

Today is the day.

Gears, gods, and whatever everyone else proclaims their faith and loyalty to grant that we come back, and that Skybrooke is still alive.

I do not know what I will do if we have failed her.

It has been too long since we first went in, I only hope it is not too late... but at least we are better prepared.

I must admit that I am scared. Scared of what we will find. Scared of what may happen to us. Scared of what may not happen to us. I have decided to bring A.R.T.I.E. for I believe his presence will provide a comfort for me.

And if I do not come back I do not know what will become of him. He is a loyal robot, he deserves as much to accompany me.

28 May

Dire news to report.

The mysterious and dangerous Crystals of Zin-malor (Ancient Highborne crystals recovered from a naga temple in Azshara) were stolen today.

The evidence is fuzzy, but Miss Verhona has gone missing, along with the Highborne magus Jovan whom was rescued from Diremaul.

I was able to detect traces of two separately distinct magical practicioners in both the Servitors' library and inside the vault in Strogmarde where the crystals were hidden.

The worst part of the whole thing was when we encountered a group of naga barring our way as the trail of the culprits lead into the sea.

Advisor Mindspanner and Applicant Alai were badly injured (one's spine severed from impalement, the other immolated), but we were fortunate to all have walked away with our lives.

It is unclear at present where the crystals have been taken too, as well as by whom, but whatever the case, it is not good.

Miss Artec and myself were drafted into assisting on repairing elements of M's severed spinal column which appeared to have been artificially crafted before the injury was sustained. Miss Carmina did all within her power to mend the Advisor, but skill with mechanical pieces and parts are now necessary for a full recovery.

Until such a time, M will be as immobile as Miss Skybrooke. Two of our top sneaks are out of the action, just as teir skills in reconnaissance and infiltration would be needed for other affairs.

I have never worked on prosthetics before, but I hope my work with robotics will have some carry over.

Only time will tell.

29 May

I was out in the frozen environs of Northrend today, specifically the region known as Dragonblight. Such a dismal name, but appropriate. Stretches of permafrost, bones, and rocks as far as the viewscope can see.

I was there trying to find leads on the whereabouts of the first piece to the Crystal of Tirisfal, whatever it may be.

the first component will be found where summer does not visit, within the flows of a font that stands still, protected by a spirit of wind and frost.

Vague may as well be the third language of magi, but thankfully I am somewhat fluent in it. There are few places on Azeroth that fit such a description, but the difficulty arises in finding the exact location.

I flew the gyrocopter across the cold skies, collecting icicles as I surveyed the landscape. There are several locations which may prove fruitful. I have arranged for a scouting mission Thursday with assistance which I hope will find us closer to obtaining the first piece.

Later in the evening, I transported back to Aerie Peak and spoke with M in the infirmary. Miss Peeri, Miss Artec, and myself will work to develop the correct replacement pieces for her severed spine. As none of us have any background in prosthetics, this will be an enlightening experience.

I hope we are successful.

31 May

Beakers and bolts, what a night.
Tonight was our excursion across the frozen wastes of Dragonblight in search of the first piece to the Crystal of Tirisfal. I am pleased to write that we were successful.
I am displeased to write that Frovelos, Miss Beyarma, Miss Jennalyn, and myself all suffered injuries from an icefall within a frozen canyon. Frovelos had the worst of it with a broken arm, rendering him essentially ineffective. 
Miss Carmina and Miss Quin did excellent work to restore Miss Jennalyn's and Miss Beyarma's knee injuries so that they could continue. Without their assistance, procuring the object would've proved much more difficult. 
I was able to stabilize my ankle sprain via my suit's leg enhancements so as not to cause for exhaustion for our healers and cause no further delay.
Before this happened, our team made encountered an Ice Revenant at a mysterious pond just east of Wyrmrest Temple, the towering location of dragon orders. The revenant was apparently bound by the magic of the first Crystal's creator (likely Aegwynn) to assist those who sought him out. He did just that by directing us to a frozen canyon and subsequently a worm-infested cavern within the canyon.

There you must journey down into the jaws of ice themselves, where you will find the First Element of the Crystal which you seek: The Heart of Ice.

Jaws of ice indeed! We left Frovelos outside the cavern along with our steeds while we entered the cavern. Inside we encountered many jormungar, culminating in one massive one we found feasting on the corpse of an ice giant. Commander Longsight was able to subdue it with elven trickery some sort of bestial hypnosis and we were able to find what we came for inside the ice giant.
We obtained the heart of an ice giant, known as a Heart of Ice. 
We are getting closer to completing this quest. The Heart of Ice on its own is more than compelling enough for me to study, I can hardly contain my exuberance over the next pieces.
For now I must decipher a new set of arcane runes on the runestone's surface... and allow my ankle to heal.

6 June

I have been perplexed by how we will proceed following the acquisition of the Heart of Ice. There was no instruction given once it was secured (expected, due to the deceased nature of the being we obtained it from).

However, I noticed several days following our return that the runic lettering upon the runestone had been altered. I am assuming this is a result of our having successfully obtained the first part of the Crystal. The runes were not immediately comprehensible to me, so it has taken me several days to decipher them.

What was revealed was highly intriguing:

The Heart of Ice was the first part to reforging the Crystal.
Now your journey will delve you deep within the stone of the earth, below the lands of ash and soot.
Seek out the belly of fire, where magma flows like water into a great swirling pool. There you will find the next piece to the Crystal, guarded by a spirit of stone and flame.

My very preliminary assumption is that the Crystal of Tirisfal will be composed of the Three Prime Aspects of the Arcane school of magic: Frost, Fire, and Arcane.

Our first component was the Heart of Ice, the second will likely be an object of powerful fire magic, and the third could possibly be something of highly volatile arcane power.

If this is true, I cannot fathom the power which the Crystal will possess. The Heart of Ice by itself is already a very prodigious concentration of frost magic. Combining it with two more objects of equally impressive power will either prove advantageous or painfully fatal.

The next clue is quite vexing, and we are beginning to prepare for the likelihood of an impending Legion invasion, so my time to devote to such research is growing slim. Miss Peeri and I will be installing special escape portals in each of the unit's safehouses across Azeroth and Outland which will be able to transport people from the safehouses to Aerie Peak if necessary.

M's spinal repair is also in dire need of completion. Both of these tasks take a greater precedence over the mysterious Crystal venture, so that is where my focus shall likely be until furlough, when I may have time to dedicate more towards it on my own.

19 June

Tonight was something new. I cannot express greater detail for fear of revealing sensitive information. Subterfuge is something new to me but I hope to execute it with professionalism despite my lack of experience.

Afterwards with furlough beginning I decided to participate in something I've rarely done but find to be a hidden pleasure - inebriated teleporting.

I found myself on a small isle off the coast of Pandaria. There were some trolls here, which makes sense with all of the trollish ruins. They were likely more surprised than I at my arrival. I had the wherewithal to stun them before finding a spot for myself away from their camp.

Here in my own spot on an unimportant isle on the Great Sea it is quiet and my thoughts can roam.

This is furlough.

20 June

I teleported again today, this time finding myself in a starkly different land - Northrend, upon the doorsteps to Ulduar in fact.

It took me several minutes to catch my breath and adapt to the cold. Even in June it is freezing.

I spent the day exploring some of the area and ruins, what a remarkable place. It is a shame so much technology and history was forgotten.

I explored the north edge of the complex. I never realized how shear and high a cliff that was here. Staring down to the unseen waters far below makes me staunchly more aware of my smallness.

This is furlough.

21 June

Teleportation again. It landed me in trouble this time.

I found myself quickly drenched in water and struggling to swim, which I cannot. 

Instinctively from my frost training this last year, I conjured ice to float on and sobered quickly. When the panic subsided I studied my new environs.

This was a marsh I had only known to be in one land: Draenor. Immediately this was clear to be due to the presence of mushrooms the size of oak trees.

I floated through the marshland, studying the large fireflies, evading the electric eels, and listening to the many strange sounds of a swamp.

My floating took me inland where I came to a wide open valley dotted with tall, thin trees. Looming above everything in the distance was the famed Teluuna Observatory. It struck me suddenly as very out of place in the peaceful, quiet valley.

The draenei I knew were not natives to Draenor, and at this moment this sight of a towering, magical tower amongst the rich hills and streams made me aware of how alien they were, even on their adopted home world.

I began to make my way towards this tower, winding through woods and fields of lilacs that carpeted the hillsides in a rich purple. Wild talbuks of a similar hue of purple watched me at a wary distance. They fit the portrait this landscape painted quite well.

I am now paused halfway to this place to rest and soak in the surroundings. The observatory will be a fascinating place to visit, and I will spend the night in the town near it, Embaari. I expect to feel at home here with fellow outsiders to this world.

This is furlough.

22 June

This morning I left Embaari Village. It was a pleasant visit and stay. The people there are simple but welcoming. I acquired some

This time I arrived on a tree branched overhanging the whirlpool vortex in Stranglethorn. I am either very lucky or very good for it was a precarious location to land.

I spent some time sitting on this branch, observing the whirlpool. Such an extreme evidence of the power that the once-great dragonlord Deathwing possessed. That was a fortunate fate to have avoided.

Once I tired of the sun I made my way down to the Alliance camp nearby where I sit now around their fire. The company here is few and also simple, but enjoyable. Better than trolls.

This is furlough.

*Inserted in between the pages of this journal is an ivory handkerchief. The edges are hemmed with a delicate lace pattern and it bears the seal of Mahogany Hall. The heavily perfumed piece of cloth bears the imprint of a woman's lips in dark red on a corner.*

13 June, Stormwind

After a good and relaxing visit to Hearthglen I am now in Stormwind for a few days. Furlough has been most relaxing indeed; a welcome respite from dodging Forsaken arrows and repelling cultists across all different continents.

I have taken to the first week of furlough to indulge myself in physical pleasures. After Hearthglen, I am now in Stormwind, enjoying the busy city with its many oddities and wonders gathered from across the worlds.

I will be frequenting each pub and winehouse and tavern within the city and sample their various beverages, for it has been some time since I have been able to.

Tonight I am at the ever-busy and ever presumptuous Blue Recluse. I have taken a table on the mezzanine and am enjoying the scenes below: ostentatious clothing, bar fights, strange languages, and all.

I feel right at home somehow.

15 June, Stormwind

It is my third day in Stormwind and I have the world's worst headache. There are magical and alchemical remedies to such hangovers, but I believe that I somehow deserve this.

I have been in every bar, tavern, and winesink I know of in the city and enjoyed each one in its own way. 

This afternoon I am outside in the Mage Quarter at a small cafe, enjoying a scone and afternoon tea, and hoping that writing may alleviate my pains soon enough.

I am glad it is furlough or else I would be greatly scolded by my superiors. I hope they are enjoying their time off as much as I.

There is an air show that will take place in three days' time over the dry dusty wastes of the Badlands. Pilots and flyers of all races and skill will be gathering for a jubilant two days of showing spectacular aerial stunts.

I will head to the workshop in Ironforge tomorrow to work on the gyro before the show. I doubt I could out maneuver most of those in attendance but hopefully my painting skill can be admired.

Last Forum PostsLast Forum Post RSS Feed
TopicPostedReplies
 55days ago3 Replies
 65days ago0 Replies
 73days ago0 Replies
 88days ago0 Replies
 1013days ago1 Replies
Recent Awards

Dead!

Awarded To
Izarre

Best Typos