Dear Diary

Chewed Up Parchment

(Misspellings are intentional - Thoran can't spell for crap.  And imagine the handwriting is...chicken scratch.)

Killian,

Please tell your bosses that I will be unavailable to work for them on an individual basis for long periods of time.  I've signed on with the Servitors of Lothar.

Pick your jaw off the floor boy-o.  I know I said I never would, but it was either that or give Etharion an ultimatum.  As much as I want him away from these people professionally, personally, they are his family and I do respect them on an individual level.  They're good people and their hearts are in the right place.  I have no idea what good I'll be to them, but I'll be giving it my all.

As usual, there's someone whose deeply against our kind.  With good reason, might I add.  I don't know the particulars, but she had some trouble with a cursed man.  And she's a gnome.  Let that sink into your brain if you will.  Though, in all honesty, I'm willing to bet that fella didn't make it out of that situation alive.  She's a scrapper, that one, and I'd have her at my back any time in a fight.  Of course, she's just as likely to stick a blade in my back as in my opponent's, but it's a chance one has to take.

Etharion have given me a bit more information on his sources for this Legion invasion garbage, and either they're the same as yours or more people think we're in trouble than I know.  Being so new to this group, I don't know how to go about asking what preparations are being done and how I can help.  I attended a sparring match last night after my interview, just to observe but I'm not sure what I think of the entire thing.  I'll have to observe more, I think.  It's going to be interesting doing the grunt work after so long.

I told them about being the youngest at a specific level in my generation.  None of them knew Gilnean history, because nobody called out that my generation WAS the first one to have that particular rank.  How I miss being around people who share my own history.  

I think Essilte is happy that I'm at least making an effort to join the Servitors.  I don't know if she's just glad to be rid of me for a bit, or if she's happy I'll be closer to Etharion should anything happen.

Wish me luck with this.  While I still don't trust everyone in this group, I'm with them for ill or good for the next 30 days at least.  

Unless that little Gnome lady decides to put me out of my misery.  

Respectfully,

Thoran Barrett

(As always, misspellings are deliberate)

Dear Ollie,

You'd be laughing at me right about now.  I went and joined the Servitors.  Don't know how well that's going to go or how long itll last, but there you have it.  

So far, everyone's convinced I'm going to fly off the handle and kill everyone within a 100 ft radius.  One of the officers, M, had some bad experiences with Worgen in the past, and while I'm not worried about it and I got no fucks to give her, I'm expecing her to make things difficult for me.  Which is fine.

No, really, it is.

She's got some emotional issues and she takes an inhibitor, and when she found out I was applying she doubled her dosage, then got uppity when people panicked.  I mean, what the ever loving fuck does she think is going to happen when she fucks around with something with nobody knowing the consequences?  Eth got the call while we were talking and asked me to help, and don't kow if I could have, but I'd try.  I don't want anyone to fucking die from a drug overdose of any kind.  And I guess she really hates Worgen, or maybe it's just me, because she wasn't having any of it.  

So, I sat there and did nothing.  Which turned out to be the better call.  Because she and Eth had words at a later date, and lemme just say, between the Gnome and Etharion, all the drama is going to be the fucking death of me.

You really need to come home.  If for no other reason, so I have someone sane to talk to.  

Etharion and several others think the Legion is coming, and they'll be here shortly.  I'm not sure what to think of that.  There is...something on the air.  It's hard to describe, but it's like everywhere I go, things are holding their breath, waiting.  The air in Ashenvale is unusually still, and so so quiet.  In the Barrens, even the animals are wary in a different way.  When I'm shifted into one of my forms, its as if I can see an energy in the air, smell the anticipation.  It's a sour, rank smell, one of fire and sulfur and damnation.

I don't know if it's real or if Etharion's ramblings are playing tricks with my head.  But the urge to stay close to home is getting stronger and stronger, and even being at the Keep is a chore.  I've half a mind to have Etharion move the children and Varia there.  

Where are you Ollie?  Killian says you're well, but that's all he'll say.  But really, ya need to come home pup.  Even if you want nothing to do with me and Etharion, let me know you're safe.  I'd come find you but I don't know where to begin looking.  I'm worried about you Ollie.  

I can't protect you if I don't know where you are.

ThoranBear

Killian,

I hope this letter finds you well.  Fuck, I hope this letter finds you, period.  Between you and Olliver, I'm developing a cmplex since I can't find either of you.  I'm afraid to go looking for any of my other friends.

However, I'm not writing to complain about your vanishing act (shocking, innit?).  I need advise.  

In my last letter to you, I mentioned someone who's not fond of our kind.  She's a scrapper, so that's what I'm going to call her.  Scrapper has proven her skills are second to none.

It's the way they were proven that has me concerned.

Apparently, the group I'm working for has attracted the attention of the Legion.  Yes, that Legion.  No, before you ask, I don't know how the fuck that happened.  But to make a long story short (mine are never short, we knwo this), we ended up being attacked by two Dreadlords.  

This is my life now, I'm being attacked by Dreadlords.  What the ever loving fuck.

I digress.  As I'm want to do.

Two of our people were locked in closets or tossed out to sea (don't ask, I don't know the details), and we were lured into a cave.  Where the attacke happened.

Now.  A few of our people were apparently mind controlled, possessed, subjected to demonic energies, or what the fuck have you, and they lashed out at the rest of us.  Well, Etharion was the only one that lashed out, I think.  The only one I noticed.  Never, ever ask him to go into hand to hand combat.  He's fucking horrible at it.  Which is probably the only thing that kept him from having his arse handed to him.

The only other person I noticed acting out was Scrapper.  Because when she attacked one of our own, that person launched a fucking missile.  Yes, a missile.  A gods damned missile.  WHERE THE FUCK DID THESE PEOPLE GET ONE OF THESE GODS DAMNED THINGS?!  These are questions I have, and am trying not to scream at Etharion or anyone else, because really, that'd be bad form.

Aside from the missile (yes, believe it or not, that's not my greatest concern.  like I said, how is this my life.), Scrapper apparently was War Fatigue in a very big way.  She had a diss hard time figuring out where she was and when she was at.  

Combine that with her bypassing Etharion and bringing up rumors of a medicatin she's supposed to be taking to the unit without even letting him know she was going to do it, and I'm...  

The latter isn't nearly as concerning as the former, obviously.  But the medication she's supposed to take, from the way I understand it (and we both know I'm not good with medicines), it should have helped prevent her reaction to the attack.  As in, she should have been present in mind when we needed her, not getting us killed by a fucking missile.

I don't think I'm explaining anything right.  the situation is too close, too new.  But I'm wondering, should I take my concerns straight to Etharion, or should I chat with Scrapper directly.  

Back in the day, I'd've done a bit of both, I suppose.  Tell me C.O. I was going to have a conversation with someone, then have that conversation and report the results.  But with Scrapper being against our kind (again I say, with good reason), I don't know if speaking with her directly is a good idea.  

My concern is the same, either way.  While I respect her abilities, I no longer trust her mental health enough to be in the field with her.  considering we drew the attention of the fucking Legion, I'm not willing to risk my own life to follow orders she might dole out, knowing she's not stable.  

Thoughts?

Regards,

Bear

PS - This would be a lot fucking simpler if you visited once in a while.  Or even better - Joined the Servitors.  Ya fuckin' asshole.

The letter is wrapped around Thoran's Fel Fire suppressor and held fast with a pretty ribbon...

My Darling Lass,

I debated writing this at all because I don't want to worry you.  Yet I didn't think I could speak on it because then you'd be able to see the doubt and uncertainty in my eyes.

I don't know what's going to happen, but given that what has happened, I need you to understand some things.

The three of you are my life, my reason for living, my everything.  I love your Papa with all my heart, but the three of you are my soul. 

Having said that, I cannot stand guard over you should something go wrong.  I will be needed elsewhere, to defend the fighters and give us time to defend our homes.  But I trust you.

I Trust You   I trust you to take care of yourself, to defend your brother and sister, and anyone else who needs your help.  The children, any children, will need protection.  Your spell casting is powerful for your age, and I know you want to rush and assist the adults, but I ask you to stay with the young ones.  Every day more families bring their young here to the Keep, hoping for protection. 

After Fro and Lammy were stolen straight from their beds, I don't know what protection we can afford them.  You, however, are smart, and I know this.  You can aid the adults, but if it comes down to it, you've the strength to move mountains.

If anyone, anyone comes near you, acting strange, unlike themselves, you have one duty:  Get away from them.  Take your siblings and find someplace to hide.  Slow whoever's scaring you.  Know any type of fire is weak to some extent to ice and water.  But above all, don't think you can kill one of these things.  They have the element of surprise, and they've become much, much stronger than what I'm used to dealing with in Outlands.

I know you want to help, and I admire your spirit for that, but keeping yourself and your brother and sister safe is paramount. 

I want to reassure you that nothing will happen, that everything will be fine, but I won't ever lie to you.  There's something in the air, an energy, a scent, a shimmer at the edge of my vision.  I don't know if it's my curse that's making me jumpy, my studies making me see things that I doubt are there, or if I'm losing my mind.  But something's going on.  I just wish I knew wht.

I've given you my Fel Fire protector.  It's pretty straight forward, maybe you've even got one of your own.  If you do, here's an extra.  Don't fuss with me, just take it. 

I promise you, from the bottom of my heart, I will do my best to bring your Papa home to you.  If, however, I fall, know I do so willingly.  I will die in service to keep my family safe in the face of those who would hurt them.

I love you Essilte.  You are my daughter, a balm on my soul, and a reason to live.

All my love,

Your Daa

Dear Ollie,

I dont' kno why I'm writing to you because this letter can't be sent.  We're under siege by the Legion of all things.

Are you safe where you are?  Are you even alive?

You gotta be alive.  I need you to be alive.  I can't lose anyone else, not now.  Though I'm sure I will.  It's selfish, but I hope I die before I have to see anyone I love leave me again.

Gods, I'm terrified I'm going to have to put someone down like I did with Ian.  I can't do it, not again.  I can't.

(the ink blurs and the writing becomes...shaky)

And now I'm having strange dreams.  such stange dreams.  A world where there's nobody, nothing.  No humans, no elves, no orcs no trolls.  Just...the world.  Then I can see this beautiful light.  Green like the purest, most perfect emerald as I ever did see.  It reminds me of the Dream Belenos had me peek into once, because I was so curious.  I wanted to go to it, to sit in it.  But before I could even think the thought, a hole opened up in the sky and the Legion came pouring out like ants.

There was a scream then, not from me, not from anyone around me cos there wasn't anyone there.  Nobody was on the fucking planet except me, and I wasn't making a sound.

It was Azeroth screaming.  The very planet, screaming like it was terrified what these bastards were going to do.

I'm scared Olliver.  Maybe I've been listening to too many new agey people, but I'm scared.

I don't think the Legion wants to just destroy all life on Azeroth.  They want to destroy Azeroth itself so no life can come back to it.

How the hell is anyone, anything supposed to fight something so evil as that?

We're under siege in the Keep.  Eth's been hurt, our friends Lammy and Izzy have both been severely injured.  We've got another group of people who're out toward Iron Forge, don't know if they're still alive or dead. 

Please be safe Ollie.  Please....

(the writing trails off, the pressure on the pen getting lighter and lighter as if the author fell asleep)

Last Forum PostsLast Forum Post RSS Feed
TopicPostedReplies
 58days ago3 Replies
 68days ago0 Replies
 76days ago0 Replies
 91days ago0 Replies
 1017days ago1 Replies
Recent Awards

Dead!

Awarded To
Izarre

Best Typos