OOC

Question about Boosting

Hello everyone,

Just had a quick question in regards to character boosting. I joined in with a lower level character but after finally pre-ordering Legion I now have a level 100 boost to use. I have two 100s on Horde side and a shaman on Alliance that is up to 91 thus far. So I'm honestly more inclined to use this boost on Almyra and skip the tedious grind for levels so I can just focus on getting the transmog sets I want and dive into RP. Would there be any opposition to this or would it be preferred that she is progressively leveled to better match her current IC progress?

Boost away! We don't really even take character level into consideration, so far as roleplay is concerned. So far as I'm concerned, at least, I never think about level when interacting in-character. It's entirely a game mechanic and doesn't have any weight in RP.

100% what Jo said.

Connelli was originally around level 23, but then I used a boost on her, so don't worry about character progression through leveling. I know some people do their toon's training as they level, and would learn new skills when they hit a certain level, but no way do you have to be like them! Level is just an OC thing to me at least.

Your character could be level 5 and be roleplayed as a grizzled veteran of the second war, who has slain a dozen orc in honorable combat or something. We keep RP and game mechanics far, far apart.

Thanks for clearing that up guys. I went ahead with the boost and got an initial RP set. Already working out what I'm going to get for when she starts looking more paladin-y. Had to ask though since I've been in some guilds that incorporate leveling as part of IC development for immersion purposes.

Last Forum PostsLast Forum Post RSS Feed
TopicPostedReplies
 58days ago3 Replies
 68days ago0 Replies
 76days ago0 Replies
 91days ago0 Replies
 1016days ago1 Replies
Recent Awards

Dead!

Awarded To
Izarre

Best Typos