OOC

Brace yourselves - NaNoWriMo is coming

For those of you who know what NaNoWriMo is, no introduction is needed.

For the unfamiliar, NaNoWriMo is National Novel Writing Month, which takes place in November each year and challenges folks to write 50,000 words on a new project (hopefully a full draft of a short novel) in the month of November, which boils down to about 1667 words a day for 30 days.  It's an international phenomenon now and it's website is www.nanowrimo.org if folks want to formally sign up.

I have been partaking in this bout of collective creative insanity ever year since 2003 and yes, I've actually finished (and published) some of the work I've done as a result of NaNo.  I seem to recall Eth and Lirren both participating last year (I think Folcan did, too, but I know he did the year before!), though I don't remember who else had jumped into the pool, but at the end of the day it's fun and you've got a support network around you for at least 30 days, if not longer.

Down to brass tacks: I'm looking at hosting a series of OOC NaNo events on WrA (and by extension its linked servers) throughout the month of November, starting with a kickoff event on Halloween evening, as we all know that there's a decent chunk of folks on WrA that aren't actually in the pacific time zone (like more than half our guild).  If anyone wants to throw out ideas or help, let me know!  I'd welcome assistance and more ideas.

An old friend fulfilled his lifelong dream to get published thanks to the books he cranked out on NaNoWriMo.  

Maybe first event could be a brainstorming thing?  I'm not sure what would come next but if I'll be glad to help out with whatever you need.

I am here, feel free to add me. :3 I'm redoing an older story that I absolutely adore, so hopefully that'll be good momentum. 

We shall see.

I'm AngryGangrel, you can add me as well.

Etharion Longsight wrote:

I'm AngryGangrel, you can add me as well.

...on the one hand, that confuses me.  On the other hand, I suppose I could see it (assuming it's an old V:TM reference).

Yup, I had a Gangrel and one of the many in-jokes in our group (along with "Can I eat him?" and "Don't need insurance, it's a rental") was "Oh great, who pissed off the Gangrel now?"

*thinks about the dull scientific article she has to get out in November and groans*

Izarre

I am Chasing Merope. I've added those that have linked. Good luck!

Last Forum PostsLast Forum Post RSS Feed
TopicPostedReplies
 58days ago3 Replies
 68days ago0 Replies
 76days ago0 Replies
 91days ago0 Replies
 1016days ago1 Replies
Recent Awards

Dead!

Awarded To
Izarre

Best Typos