Dear Diary

Nelmadge's Notes

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11

-Letter- 

Ilsmi, 

It was great to get your letter, I'll keep it hush hush. I am guessing this letter will take the same path to get to you. I'm glad you didn't get imp drool. I'm glad you're okay, wherever you are. Reminds me of some of the more falling apart parts of the outlands, where land drifts away. 

Turns out Jo was fine, and M ended up getting a new body. I was very surprised. I don't know if that means she's like a Death Knight now or not. I gave your advice about the felburns, but I think it might have been too much, they seem to be recovering fine with other methods. 

Speaking of pitlords, helped kill one today, what a rush. When you come back we should meet up, hopefully when things get under control here on the broken shore, and the broken isles. Who knows when that will be though. Maybe you should seek to join the Servitors. Aslong as you aren't actively hurting people, I don't think they'd have a problem with your research. 

Anyways, I need to bang some dents out of my chest armour. Be safe! 

Yours, 

Nelmadge Boltscrew.

April 19 

Okay, so we know what's going down in the next few weeks, we are gonna fall back from the broken shore and work on battling the smaller legion groups around the broken isles. I've been assigned to work with Commander Roiya and Shayolath. I haven't worked with them too closely, so this will be a learning experience. I have to be in top form. Time to go do late night wind sprints. I haven't got a letter back from Ilsmi yet. I have to be patient.

~ A letter has been inserted into the journal.~

Nel,

Be careful around 'M', if she really is a Death Knight. Do not believe for one moment that their murderous nature isn't present despite being "free" from the Lich King's grasp. Undead are just as awful as demons, and they should be kept on a tight leash.

I'm glad to hear of your exploits, and I'm glad you're safe. Pitlords are dangerous creatures, and killing one is an incredible feat. I don't think there will be peace on the Broken Isles for a long time now; I'm not willing to wait that long to see you. I will send another missive when I am able to return to Azeroth. I must wait for another cosmic alignment, as I am taking notes on the refractory power of consecutive celestial bodies while I have a clear view of them. My research should be done within the next week.

As for joining the Servitors, it is something I will have to consider. I won't have much research without funding, so I'll need to consider my options regarding that.

Please be safe,

Ilsmi Stormspanner

~ Letter ~ 

Ilsmi, 

I'm really glad to hear that you'll be coming back to Azeroth soon, totally excited to meet see you again. Yeah peace might be a ways off, but we got to stay positive and keep working for it. Yeah the pitlord was no big deal, a troll we had rescued gave us a hand. I'm going to be heading out to field work soon, can't give out too much details in case this gets intercepted. 

As for M, she's one of my commanders, so I can't really keep her on a leash of any sorts, but I can keep an eye out. I don't think she's like full death knight. But I mean I've been friends with Death Knights, and they have never given me any trouble. Well as long as they don't get that blood lust or something. 

I hope to hear from you soon, and see you soon! 

Yours, 

Nelmadge

April 26 

Okay, my armour is prepped and ready. My gear is ready, and I have supplies. I'm heading out to Val'sharah tomorrow with Roiya and Shay. I'm pumped, I'm ready. I got a letter back from Ilsmi, she's going to try to make it back to Azeroth, I'm totes excited for that. It's gonna be nice.  

She thinks that if M is undead or a death knight to beware of her. I was already kind of bewaring of M, but I don't think it's true about death knights. Sure they get that blood lust sometimes, but Seda is swell and Eliska was fine. 

I think I should build a gun...maybe next time I get some time at a workshop.

April 27 

Got back from deployment with Roiya and Shay. I'm now staying at Lorlathil. We went and investigated a home where a patrol was attacked by demons. From the looks of things there was a fierce battle, but it might have been a setup, because we noticed, parts of the bark in the house had been dug out with daggers, and the demons described during the attack weren't the type to use such weapons. 

Roiya is setting up a meeting with the patrol, so we can question them. Hopefully it's more demon stuff that we can stop, I'd hate to find out if it was all some kinda cultist thing going down. They are so sneaky, always working in the shadows. 

For now I'll get some rest on think on things more, then write a report for the Commander.

May 4

Well I really threw a spanner into the cog today. I had went in with the intentions that we were doing an interrogation on those survivors, because they likely totally aren't survivors, but cultists or demons undercover. I mean I've dealt with this before, with that death cult, with that cultist who started that uprising in Westfall with the farmers and the imps. Bad stuff. 

But I failed to inform Shay that she was gonna be the good interrogator, and I was gonna be the tough, hot headed bad interrogator, as per the interrogator manual I had read. Things didn't go that way, we both went bad, then Shay went really bad. Yikes not a good scene. We really weren't able to find anything out, except that the dagger that the two survivors had on them, didn't seem to have anything to do with what we saw at the scene of the attack. 

I just finished my self punishment of 2000 push ups, but I think we are gonna get into more hot water for this. I have to be on my optimal behavior and totally follow every order exactly when we meet with Roiya again. She didn't sound pleased in any way. I've never been much for the investigation side of things, I'm a soldier, not a detective, so I'm just gonna do my best soldiering from now on.

May 9

Things are going much smoother. We met with another one of the survivors, Starfall I think it was? I can’t really remember. We were joined by Sky for this round of talking. She’s still pretty burnt. I’m glad she was there though, much more subtle than Shay or I.

We were able to get more information this time though. Found out that this had been a group that had worked together for a few years now, and were just suddenly pulled apart. The order came from a priestess, Talonbranch I think. But the order for the patrol came from a human Commander from Alliance High Command, named Davidson.

This woman seemed really genuine, and really worried about her team mates. I’m glad we weren’t acting like we did last time, and I think I didn’t piss off Roiya this time, which is for the best. I still haven’t heard back from Ilsmi. I hope everything is okay out there in the void.

May 16

The things I have to write about. So Ilsmi is here with me, and it’s great. I just got up off the couch from being with her, I’m quite not to wake her, but I felt I had to get this down. She’s just resting, drained from creating the healthstone for me, and from… other things. She’s so cute, her pale little face, sleeping there.

Well, the week since our last mission, I had mostly been lying low, working on a new set of goggles, taking inspiration of fel detecting technology, and working out.

So about last night. I got to the meeting site in Suramar, and met with Roiya and Sky. Shay never showed up. But as we were waiting there before talking to the priestess, Ilsmi appeared in the bushes behind us. This was a surprised, I hugged her to make sure she was real. She was, and after asking the Commander, she joined with us. I actually still haven’t found out how she found me there.

I’ll worry about that later, but it’s good to have her back. But yes, back to what happened. So we went up to Talonbranch’s camp, and met with the priestess there. She slipped up, acting like she didn’t know what we were talking about, but letting it slip a little. She then offered us tea, I initially refused, I don’t like tea, but then Roiya and Sky gave me the look, so I changed my mind. Might have been a good idea.

Turns out the tea was laced with something, I had a few sips, gross, but it made my head feel so light and fuzz. I was able to maintain control, and it seemed like Talonbranch wasn’t going to give us anymore, when the COMM went off. Turns out Commander Davidson had been out of the picture for months. We made our leave, but then I told Roiya about the tea. Sky went back up and incapacitated the Priestess. Ilsmi checked, and the priestess confessed, the tea was laced with sedatives and hallucinogens.

I was pissed. I went back up to that camp, and I slapped that woman. I’m never drinking tea again, ever. She lashed out at is with shadow magic, and I took a hit, then Sky put her down. Sky tied her up, and Roiya went to report and get the Priestess detained. Ilsmi made a healthstone by cutting herself. I had never seen one made, but I used it, and helped her get back to Dalaran.

And here we are, we rented a room and caught up. I think I’ll go back and snuggle back into bed with her.

Last Forum PostsLast Forum Post RSS Feed
TopicPostedReplies
 58days ago3 Replies
 69days ago0 Replies
 77days ago0 Replies
 92days ago0 Replies
 1017days ago1 Replies
Recent Awards

Dead!

Awarded To
Izarre

Best Typos