OOC

Mottie's laptop

Goto page Previous  1, 2

durrr. I thought you meant having it shipped to one of us first, not straight to Mottie.

But yeah, PayPal doesn't take a cut if it's under a certain limit and you're using the "send money to family/friends" option. I'm not sure on the specifics or limits though.

Count me in as well! Whenever you figure it out, and know the method, look me up, lots of peoples have my BNET. Viez, contact me in game if you see me!

Izarre

With Mottie's permission: brittanybaldozier@gmail.com

Using PayPal's "send money to friends/family" option, you can send money directly to Mottie without PayPal taking a cut... to the full extent of my knowledge, at least.

edit: I apparently lied. PayPal does indeed take a small fee if you are not sending money directly from your bank or w/e. For me it was just $8 so that doesn't bother me but it's something to take note of/keep in mind.

"There is a fee to send money as a personal payment using a debit card or credit card. The fee in the U.S. is 2.9% plus $0.30 USD of the amount you send. For example, if you send $100.00 USD by credit card, the fee would be $3.20 USD ($2.90 + $0.30)."

PayPal does not subtract their fee from your total, but rather adds onto it. So if you wanted to send $100, another company would drop that to $93 and take their $7 straight from it. PayPal instead changes the total to $107 and takes their $7 from that total so that the amount you intended to send still gets to the person. However, that obviously has the risk of overdrawing and stuff because that extra cut for PayPal may not actually be in your bank account or whatever, so keep that in mind.

Last edited by Baenura on Oct. 18th, 2016 7:17 am; edited 2 times in total

I shall look into paypal then!

Izarre

In your corner specifically, Iz, I don't know how PayPal handles international stuff. I don't know if it will be the same rates or not.

Ohhh thats not a problem! Just give me a day or two, I've been having some technical problems with paypal but count me in!

Izarre

Soooo paypal failed miserable. It seems trying to make a payment on a new account is considered suspicious activity and is automatically blocked. Best part is, their customer support literally told me that it is automated and they won't do anything about it and that I should just look for alternate methods of payment. Charming right? Any other ideas? 

Izarre

Maybe a good time to reconsider GoFundMe. I didn't even consider that PayPal might shut people out if they've only recently made an account.

Alternatively, we could wait and see how much Mottie's got already and go from there.

edit: I "convinced" Mottie into making the GoFundMe just in case, https://www.gofundme.com/new-laptop-2vmujpfg

YAY! Awesome, that did work! Stinking Paypal...

Izarre

Yeah, obviously an attempt to limit fraudulent payments but a little heavy-handed in this case.

While I was on vacation PayPal accidentally transferred $2300 out of my account and as my bank couldn't figure out whether it was a mistake or fraud, they closed my bank accounts and I was without cash for the remainder of my trip. This is all a roundabout way of saying I'm glad there's a GoFundMe now because I am not a fan of PayPal atm.

Paypal was unkind to a sexy Draenei. Seriously, what kind of organization does that, other than one led by Gul'dan or the Legion? 

Izarre

Paypal won't let me change my last name, and since my name on my bank account no longer matches the name on the Paypal account, attempting to use it flags the transaction as fraud, yay!

I've never seen so many problems with PayPal at once, but at least GoFundMe is a thing now.

Now that I have my computer, I figure I'm allowed to look at this thread now, so! Thank you all so, so much, you're all incredibly kind and I'm so grateful. My old laptop was at the point last week of not even being able to load all my addons, plus a few keys were permadead, and man it's incredible to see WoW with like...actual graphics. Mailboxes don't have weird triangle tops anymore! Water is beautiful! It's wild. Again, thank you all so much, I'd send you all hugs and chocolate if I could. <3 <3 <3

Last Forum PostsLast Forum Post RSS Feed
TopicPostedReplies
 58days ago3 Replies
 68days ago0 Replies
 76days ago0 Replies
 91days ago0 Replies
 1016days ago1 Replies
Recent Awards

Dead!

Awarded To
Izarre

Best Typos