Dear Diary

Nelmadge's Notes

Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11  Next
January 1st

((There are some doodles of different armour and weapons at the top of the page, though generic, one set looks like http://www.wowhead.com/itemset=623/righteous-armor))

Well, I suppose I should keep a journal, since things have gotten busy for me. Busy few weeks. I decided to leave the Outlands for now, stopped in at Honor Hold and gave my farewells.

After my first few weeks back in Azeroth, for the first time since I joined in "re-taking" Gnomeregan, ((next to this is a crude drawing of what appears to be a dead trogg)) I mostly wandered around the old haunts, seeing the devestation left by Deathwing in Elwynn forest, and visiting Dun Morogh.

During my time in Dun Morogh, I ran into a group celebrating Winter's Veil. I hung out with them for a bit, found out they were a Military Unit on leave, the Servitors of Lothar. Well, I've been on my own for awhile, fighting Fel Orcs and what not in the Outlands, so I decided to try to throw my lot in with them.

I wrote to their Lady Commander, and had an interview arranged. Well, I represented myself quite well I'd think, and I was accepted into their ranks as an applicant. I then accompanied Prikka, Etharion, Amatinho and... well I forget his name, Clay...something, he got winded pretty fast when we chased the spirit. But yes, we had to track down a spirit that was tainting the water of Lion's Landing, and even ruining the ale! Turns out some soldiers had been murdered and tainted the spirit's water. Unfortunate, though I was able to show off my grappling skills, capturing the spirit several times.

A few days later I was given a tour of the Keep, which is shared with the Wildhammers. Caleb and, uh...Ezekiel I think it was, where the ones to show me the base. Seemed like nice fellows.

Later there was a guild meeting, Caleb was promoted, I made sure to mention he gave a great tour. I spoke with Etharion about my quest for ore in Northrend, and that I would be off the continent. He seemed fine about it.

It is quite cold up here, I'm currently writing from my room at the Inn in Valiance Keep. I've been heading into Sholazar Basin for sources of Saronite. I ran into Prikka up there, ended up helping her get some giant fruit she wanted. She seemed so surprised when I easily carried it. I mean, does she even lift? Well after I helped her, we spoke for time, I found out more about here, even that she had a sexual relationship with Squink. I forgot how nonchalant other gnomes are about such... could it be that I have spent too much time with humans? Terrifying.

I did take some side time to fight some vrykul, they are tough, but I'm tougher. I was thinking of perhaps finding the rest of this armour I found during my time in Outland. Anyways, I'm tired, I'll write more later.
January 6th.

Well it's been a few days since my last entry. Since then I finished up my mining in Northrend, the Sholazar Basin was quite the experience, fighting those large creatures, even ran into a Devilsaur, though I made quick work of that beast. I made my way back to Aerie Peak to report to Etharion and prepare to head out to Mount Hyjal to gather Obsidium.

I ran into Squink on the way there, she was meditating. Such a strange thing, apparently she was concentrating on calculations to force her mind and body into a calm state. I suppose sometimes that happens to me during intense engineering sessions. She seems like a strong person, we are going to spar one of these days, my offensive skills against her defensive skills. This meeting has inspired me to meet with the new arrivals in Stormwind, the Tushui Pandaren.

I then met up with Etharion, who wanted to meet with me as well, I told him my situation, and I was told about a possible mission that was upcoming, and a possible joint operation with the 7th Legion. Exciting stuff, I'm gonna have to increase my lifting. I told him about my change in location, and boy does he have a lot of trinkets in his office. I was given a chance to ask any questions I wanted, I asked a couple, but when I asked about the clay statues on his desk, I hit a nerve and got a sad story. I was almost afraid to ask about anything else in the office in case they had sad memories attached.

I put in a request for replacement pieces of my old armour set. Etharion told me to contact Theodean, a jovial Death Knight. Later that evening I met up with Theo, and we had a good chat, and he measured me up. He works quick, by the next day I had my armour, I am quite impressed. I was wandering around the base today and I ran into the Lady Commander herself. I also met Gurloc, a dwarf, who apparently thinks I'm little. He's one to talk. I'll have to have a nice spar with him later.

The Lady Commander invited myself and Gurloc in to the mess for a chat and some food, we shot the shit, and had delicious mystery sandwiches, I partook in a nice fish sandwich, and when I reached in for more I was rewarded with a chicken one. I wonder who made them?

Well, Philomene gave us the chance to ask her questions, which everyone goes about saying is such a big thing. I asked her about her hobbies, and I think it was Gurloc that brought up a mention of her guardian, which I stupidly asked about. Of course it was a sad story, I mean I should be used to this by now, given my own past!

After that, I challenged her to a wrestling match, though she declined and I found out that she doesn't even lift. She should, she seems quite frail, physical exercise can do such wonders. She did counter offer a mind wrestle...maybe I'll take her up on the offer.

Well, I'm off to Mount Hyjal. I should write these things so often, they really seem to trail on, but oh well.
January 14

Well, my time in Hyjal ended, and my time in the Twilight Higlands is soon to come to a close as well. My bags are laden with Obsidium and Elementium, I will have quite the stockpile for my next engineering binge.

I almost ended up missing the guild meeting dropping off the ore to my bank in Stormwind. But I did make it in time, I don't think I missed too much though. Seemed like standard stuff, Theo spoke of some kinda virgin cigars and there was talk of swimming competitions and cheap tarts. Who'd buy cheap tarts? Gotta spring for the good ones, more flavours!

I made the suggestion of a wrestling/sparing competition that I would like to think was very well received. I will be posting a notice about it in the keep in the next couple of days I think. This will separate those who think they can lift, and those who really can.

And I have made Guard-Applicant. Only natural of course.
January 29

Well, I've had a busy time, between cigar deliveries, meetings, ore gathering, going to Pandaria, and joining an assault. After I finished my ore hunting in the Twilight Highlands, I took my first steps into Pandaria. What a strange land, the air is charged. Which makes sense from what I have heard of the place. Ghost ore is quite a different material, I think I will enjoy working with it.

I ended up joining Theo in his virgin cigar quest, along with Prikka and Dexter. Remind me to never take a boat ride into Durotar from Ashenvale. If we could have, I would have enjoyed taking the time to take care of a few Horde, but this was an espionage mission. We eventually dropped false material for the guards to find as the spotted us. I should ask about what that lead to, but I forgot to ask at the meeting.

I am enjoying my time with the Jinyu and the native Pandarians. I ended up coming back to Aerie Peak for a few days to prepare for Operation Submission Point. I found myself in the middle of a blackening party, I guess is what it could be called. I kinda messed up at first, I figured more grease, the better, but I was wrong, Signari pointed that out to me. Lady Commander can play a mean drum, and Etharion knows some good songs. I also think I embarrassed myself, but oh well. Also met Brommidor, seems like a stout fellow, and Prikka also assisted with the blackening. I hope she didn't notice I accidentally used part of her robe...

Of course I now come to the most exciting part of my entry today, I have still yet to come down from the excitement of last night, I may go and find something heavy to lift until I come down from this feeling. Finally a real combat mission! I was part of Operation Submission Point. I was part of a team with Etharion, Signari, the Lady Commander, and Prikka. We were off the hook! I mean, I know I MAY have got a little too worked up at times, and, well was reprimanded for such actions... I am just too used to just running in, not used to such sneaky things, but I'm sure my sword skills came in handy, Etharion spoke to me after the guild meeting today, complimenting my skills! I mean I cleaved a horde in half! And even took on the General, ah...I forget his name, with Signari. Though...I should seek out Prikka and apologize directly to her for using her as a springboard in the heat of the moment. I am getting a feeling she isn't too fond of me of late, and THAT did not help my cause.

I am thinking I might work on more details of this sparring club tonight, after I tire myself out lifting. Life is sweet.
February 4

Well, I am now an Initiate of the Guard. I feel good. Prikka requested me to meet her at Aerie Peak, and I did, we discussed my future and feelings. I know I need more discipline in some areas, and I think with this place, I can obtain that. What is being truly strong, if you can't use it correctly? True strength is nothing, without the precision and ability to wield it. I even gave Prikka a hug, though perhaps that was too much? I am proud of the tabard I now have, it's been too long since I've had such a good feeling from something like this. It feels good to be recognized by peers again.

I did find a strange bulletin board in the Trade District while I was coming down from the feeling of the promotion. There was people seeking friends I guess, I saw one fellow gnome that was quite proud of ale, taking photos of herself with ale. Ale is good, and I am always impressed with high quality gnomish photography. I wrote to her, and I got a response, so I'll have to setup a time to meet up with her, it's been so long since I've had friends to be with.

I ran into Philomene in strange new area of the Deeprun Tram, I guess there is some sort of pub arena. I think I interrupted a date or something, I was speaking to her, and eventually she told me to leave. Really rude I have to say, she could have been more subtle! This is clearly why I need drinking friends outside of my new unit.

I should be starting back into engineering soon, my bank is filled with ore, and this new Ghost Ore, seems quite durable. Well, until next time.
February 11

That was quite the weekend, first building library shelves with guild-mates, that was some good lifting. It was nice to have everyone leave their mark on the new construction. But later that night I met Milladee. I found her information and photo on a board in the Trade District. and wrote her a letter. We meet up for a date, meeting, something, in Gadgetzan. Well I met her, had a few drinks, and she took me to the... Club? I think she called it.

What a rush, and experience. It was so loud, so many flashing lights, it was exhilarating. What a rush I have to say again. It was strange being so close to members of the horde, but it was a neutral gathering spot. I had a pretty good night overall, and Milladee and I plan to meet up again, I think she'll make a great drinking partner.

Well, I was able to get enough sleep to run the first meeting of the spar club, I was kinda sad that we had hardly any people show up, and the Lady Marshal couldn't grace us with her presence, but we made do. We ended up finding a great spot at a nearby barracks to do our demonstrations and sparring. I tested some holds on Etharion, Squink and Latsari. Prikka was a wet noodle and sat on the side. Well, Squink is quite skilled in this style of combat, Etharion does have some training, and Latsari is good for an amateur.

The lack of attendance isn't only affecting my spar club, the meeting was so sparsely populated that we ended up calling it off, and sitting around in the hearth. I don't think the Lady Marshal enjoyed my pup I picked up in Pandaria, but I think he liked her, though she was quite rude to him!

((The following pages are loose, crumpled and awkwardly inserted into the journal. Specks of dried blood and mud can be seen on the pages. The words are written in a precise manner, with what appears to be charcoal.))

Day 1
My name is Nelmadge Screwbolt, Guard Initiate of the Servitors of Lothar, and I am never, ever, ever riding a kite again. There I was, flying above the Dread Wastes, without a care in the world. Then a lucky projectile comes, and now all the cares in the world, along with the ground is rushing up to meet me. I will keep this journal incase I am killed, and someone may find out what happened to me.

I am being held captive by the Mantids. I don't know how long I've been knocked out, all I remember is blacking out before hitting the ground. My arm is swollen, and could be broken. I'm in a prison or holding cage of sorts, made out of the resin they use, and my gear and armour has been taken away. I am left with my underclothes, which I had an emergency pouch sown into my pants. Currently I have these things in my possession:

The paper I am writing on, a charcoal stick, and a small dagger. I will keep these things hidden from the guards when they pass. I might be able to weaken the cage with the dagger, my other arm is tender, but I don't think it's broken. My chest burns with I breath, I think I have several ribs broken. I'm going to rest for now, all this writing has taken a lot out of me.

Day 15
I REALLY hate Mantids. A week after my capture I had almost taken out one of the bottoms of the resin bars, but then I was finally caught by one of the guards. They punished me by whipping me. The guards were very lucky I was being held down while it was happening, I was ready to tear the whip from his hand, or thing, and throttle him with it.

They took my dagger, and reinforced the bars of the cage. At least they still bring me food. I can't afford to lose strength, so I continue to eat it. I can't tell what it is, but you get used to it after awhile, it's really sweet, I guess it would be, they are bugs. Some mush, likely spit up by them or something. I better not dwell on it too long, or I may be sick. My arm isn't swollen anymore, and I was able to bind my chest with some scrap cloth. The arm still doesn't fell right though, if I ever get out of here, I'll need a priest to take a look at it, might have to re-set it. I keep exercising though, I there are some rocks which I have started to lift, I can't allow myself to lose my strength.

I can hear one of the guards coming, so I'm going to stop for now and hide my supplies.

Day 31
I can hear fighting outside, I haven't found any ways to escape, but this maybe the time for me to make another attempt for escape, the guards on edge, they aren't even watching the cages anymore. I think I hear orcish in the distance, and that guard is really close to the cage, I think it's time to get some revenge, time to squish some bugs.

((These following pages are written in ink, and on nicer paper, less blood and mud))
Day 35

Well, I made it out, and I don't know yet if it's for the better. I was able to grab the guard's arm, or leg, or whatever it is they have, and break it off at the joint during the distraction, I doubt any of the other guards heard his screeches with all the action going on. It was good I kept up my lifting, with my newly amputated weapon, I was able to bust my way out of the resin. I had no idea which way to go, so I wandered around, after killing a few more Mantids, I had gathered some real weapons, though I have to say, an amputated limb can work quite well in a pinch. While I was there I busted down the other cages, freeing some Pandaren and Hozen.

I ended up using my ears, I followed the sounds of fighting, and soon, myself and the others found ourselves facing a battle between the Mantid and the Horde. I used to confusion to take off, I tried to lead the other prisoners, but they scrambled and I don't know what happened to them. After a few hours of fighting, escaping and dodging Horde patrols, I found myself lost in the Dread Wastes, I attempted to head west, towards the shore, but I think the events, my wounds (both new and old), caught up to me, and I guess I passed out.

When reality returned to me I was on a cot, and there was an ugly green face staring down at me. Goblins. I tried to reach for a weapon, or maybe a limb to throttle it with, but I was strapped down. The goblin spoke to me in common, telling me to not to move, and that he'd have me all patched up, and not to worry about repaying him. I should have tried harder to escape as soon as I heard that, but I ended up fading out again.

And here I am now I am in a tent, but I'm being guarded, I can see a few of them outside of the flaps. I requested paper, ink and a quill, and they said it would be added to my tab, ugh. I'll have to find out more about my new captors, and see what it will take to 'pay' them back. I'm going to sleep now, the Goblin's medic seems to have fixed my arm, and the cuts on my body, but I'm still exhausted.

Day 40

We broke camp the next day, and we hiked for several days, eventually we made it to the Veiled Stairs. During our journey, I learned these goblins work separately from the Horde, and work in the black market, what other market would goblins work in. This has lead me to fear that I may have to get violent to get out of the situation here. When they asked me questions, I just gave them vague answers on why I was in the Dread Wastes, and what my affiliation with the Alliance was. I keep my journal notes close, though I have lost some on the journey I'm afraid. I think their boss, or at least the overseer of this group is named Vinzente, I heard the name mentioned several times. My strength is returning and now I'm feeling restless, I am thankful for their help, but I am wary of their intentions, I think I may plan another escape soon.

Day 42

Yesterday after dinner (which actually wasn't too bad, likely added it to my 'tab') I attempted to make my escape. It took 5 of them to hold me down, and after several broken noses, they finally restrained me. Their boss seemed impressed and started going on how I could repay my debt to him. They bound me and left me in my tent, but I was able to get my hands free. I suppose I can't hide that I freed my hands, since I ended up just breaking the rope. I was able to get a good look at the layout of the camp, it seems semi-permanent, obviously some sort of trading post, not very legit. I didn't get any sleep at all last night, too much adrenaline. I can hear them talking outside of the tent, I better pretend to be restrained again.

Day 44

Apparently I am on my way to Gadgetzan tomorrow. I was told I could repay my debt by fighting in the cartel's wrestling fights. I'm not one to shy away from a fight, but it feels cheap being forced by these goblins. Hopefully at least there will be a gym I can continue my training at, and with my strength and skills, I'm sure I can best whoever they put me up against. Hopefully with the help of my fists, Bolt and Screw, I'll be on my way out of this bad situation, and back on my way to the Hinterlands. I hope they don't think I'm dead or a deserter, best not to dwell on that though.

I'm kind of excited to be able to hit something. Oh, you can't really hit in wrestling... well I guess excited to squeeze something into submission.

Day 50

Well, that was boring trip. I was kept blindfolded and bound most of the time. They had found out that I broke my ropes before, so this time I was chained. I believe we traveled by caravan to the shore, then by boat to Gadgetzan. I have been given a room, it's not really fancy, and they wouldn't let me have any weights to work out with, apparently I need to be supervised with that. I've been told I'll be fighting a masked woman named The Masked Gnome, not a really creative name. I don't really know what to expect, she's a fellow gnome. I can't go easy on her, since I am fighting for my freedom here. I kind of wish it was a goblin, oh well, maybe next fight. I'm going to do some dips before bed, got to get ready.

Day 51

I don't believe in coincidences, but I have to say, I was really surprised with that fight. I was taken to the Speedbarge in Thousand Needles. I was led to a back room in the bar, and I sized up my opponent, she was more wiry then me, so I knew she might have the speed element on me. Something seemed familiar about her, but with the mask on I couldn't be sure. I have to say that trying to keep your footing in a pool of oil is quite difficult. The biggest surprise was when I went to shake the hand of my opponent before the fight. The crowd loved her, and then she confirmed why I felt she was so familiar. It was Squink Shadowquill.

It was like a lightning bolt exploded in my mind, I was taken a back for a moment, but I knew I still had to face her, Bolt and Screw wouldn't back down in the ring.

The crowd went silent as we awaited the gong, then it was on. I charged at her, remembering how good she grappling, so I tried to come in hard and fast, I did catch her off guard, but she almost got me, I was able to escape out of her grapple. It was touch and go for awhile, and I ended up in the oil several times. But I finally got her pinned down, wrapping my entire body around her. She struggled, but I was able to keep her down. In the end it was a rather uh, oily and sticky draw.

After the fight we were able to talk before my captors came back. I won’t write anything down, in case this is found. But I do have to say, that was quite a workout, and I can’t seem to get all this oil off my body, or out of my hair. I wonder if more of my fights will be this interesting.

Last Forum PostsLast Forum Post RSS Feed
TopicPostedReplies
 58days ago3 Replies
 68days ago0 Replies
 76days ago0 Replies
 91days ago0 Replies
 1017days ago1 Replies
Recent Awards

Dead!

Awarded To
Izarre

Best Typos