The Guard

Promotion Request

Attn: GA Longsight, GAdj Windblade
CC: Cmdr Asteris

I hereby formally submit my request for promotion to the rank of Novice, and will subject myself to any and all required tasks and tests of aptitude. I thank you for your notice.

Guard-Initiate Axasa
Attn: Initiate Axasa

CC: Commander Asteris, Advisor Longsight, Advisor Graymind

Re: Promotion

Initiate Axasa, in order to attain the rank of Novice, you are hereby ordered to lend your research abilities and elemental sensitivities to discovering the nature of the axe Commander Asteris gave you access to.

Your promotion does not rely upon the results of your findings, so long as you show dedication and effort in attaining them.

Adjutant Windblade

((Before the writing in Common is a series of scribbled notes in Draenic, written in a different color of ink and in a much shakier hand. It is clear that the author of this report simply wrote it out on the same page as her initial notes and turned the whole page in.))

CC: Cmdr Asteris, AA Graymind

Initial impression is as follows:

The moment I opened the cabinet I could feel the living spirit inside the broken blade. Distressingly, the axe had fallen through the shelves below and rested on the bottom of the cabinet. It seemed as though the wooden shelving had been burned away.

I knelt before the cabinet and called totems to aid my meditation. Immediately the power of the spirit before me was magnified, and grew large in my consciousness - a great looming shape of fire, tinting my mind's eye with redness and inserting a throbbing, burning ache into my head. The anger of the being contained within is overwhelming to the point of maddening, and it is the anger of a lunatic. I suspect this spirit has been furious for as long as it cares to remember.

I steeled myself and extended my will, presenting myself before the spirit as a seeker of knowledge - meaning no harm and desiring no servitude, but implacable in my resolve and unwilling to be bent or broken. My body reached out to grasp the haft of the axe. Before I touched the cracked wood, I could sense an imperious sort of query, haughty and amused, as if the asker knew what the answer was.

HAVE YOU CHOSEN TO SERVE ME, THEN?

I left no answer, but broke from my trance and shut and locked the cabinet door. When I have recovered my nerve, I will return to the axe and resume my study of the spirit contained therein.

RECOMMEND NO FURTHER CONTACT WITH THE AXE BY ANY MEMBER OF THE UNIT UNTIL NOTICE IS GIVEN.

In Service,
Guard-Initiate Axasa

((OOC: Anyone who wants to play around with the axe should send me a note or a whisper letting me know what they want to do, and I'll respond appropriately. BLA HA HA HA!))
((This document is specked with droplets of moisture, and the edges of the paper are scorched.))

CC: Cmdr Asteris, AA Graymind

Forgive my impatience. I had wished to present this report in person, but thought it better to not allow my studies to be delayed by the necessity of scheduling.

My second attempt to commune with the spirit residing within the artifact was more successful, and far more harrowing. When I approached the cabinet containing the axe, I was dismayed to discover the metal cabinet doors bulging forward and misshapen, as if someone had heated the doors in the forge and hammered them from the inside out. The lock on the cabinet was broken and the key I was provided no longer fit inside the lock, and so I used a crowbar and brute strength to pry the door open.

Inside lay the cracked head of the axe, and the fuller of the blade was bare - the wooden haft had burned away completely. Once again, I set myself down to meditate, summoning totems to aid my concentration, and again my mind's eye was filled with the same burning red and oppressive blackness. This time, the form I envisioned was more clearly defined... a towering column of volcanic smoke and ash, culminating in the head and shoulders of a colossal draenoid form. I could perceive eyes glowing within the head of this monster, as cruel and proud as those of some great lord.

The spirit deigned to speak with me this time. I could feel its questions being seared into my mind as if drawn into my brain matter with a burning fingertip. Who was I who dared? Did I possess true power, or merely foolhardiness? Who did I serve? I gave no answer, insisting only that I would exchange answers for answers. This seemed to amuse the beast, as an insect amuses a boy with a magnifying glass. Most curiously, it asked me with great and sudden fury if I was the slave of the former firelord Ragnaros... this I gave the answer to, but only in exchange for a name.

I am not the slave of Ragnaros. I fear that those of a less cautious mind could easily fall prey to this lord, this Cernox.

Once I had the name, I broke contact with the spirit, but for hours afterward and even now I feel the oppression and heat of the beast lingering on my soul and in my skin. I know that others will disagree with me, but my recommendation at this time is to find some means of disposing of this artifact before others are seduced by the spirit within.

In Service,
Guard-Initiate Axasa
Last Forum PostsLast Forum Post RSS Feed
TopicPostedReplies
 57days ago3 Replies
 68days ago0 Replies
 76days ago0 Replies
 91days ago0 Replies
 1016days ago1 Replies
Recent Awards

Dead!

Awarded To