Guild Missions and Events

(OOC) The Props Thread!

Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
With the wide variety of events and missions we have comes a lot of opportunities for members to really show their stuff. Did you have a lot of fun on a recent mission? Give your props here!

My hat's off to Etharion for the recent combat exercises at the Trial of the Crusader. We run old raids quite often, but the twist of having this be an IC exercise rather than a night of monster-slaying was a nice change of pace. We've been trying to find IC ways to train together before, and in my mind this was our first really big success. Kudos!
Awwww, thanks for the kind words Hildan! <3 The thing is folks, we need your feedback so we know what works! We need to know what you enjoyed, and where we can improve.

Like these IC combat exercises. Would running them weekly be too much? Should they be bi-weekly, like our meetings? I'd like them to be a regular thing (which would make sense ICly) but don't want them to happen so often that you feel no impetus to attend.

Last edited by Etharion Longsight on Jul. 29th, 2012 6:11 am; edited 1 time in total

I looked for a +1 like button for the above statements, but one does not exist.
I liked Almara's Winterspring mission because it was well-scouted and I felt like everyone had a crucial role. There was also ample time for emoting between action stuff.
I liked the way Mav handled the Menethil mission arc. There was a lot of encouragement to try things, and plenty of intrigue. I also liked that it took place over several days, which gave ample opportunity for different players to take part if they wished.

Thank you to Hildan for excellent handling of the Highlands mission where Meri died. It was well-planned and that showed in how smoothly it unfolded.
Ax and Drift should get props for pulling off a two-pronged mission. I really loved this approach, since much of the time we have to say for OOC reasons that it's limited to four people plus the lead. Though our chars were physically separated I still got a sense that the two teams were unified.
For sure, it was exciting to know that basically the whole guild was engaged in something. It really felt like we were a unit, united in war against the enemy. I didn't see Ax's side of things, but I think that the two pronged approach probably let us play to our character's strengths as well. Heavies wreaking havoc, rogues and creepy priests and eagle eyed hunters sliding in to make a prison break, etc.

I was really impressed by their coordination during the mission. As it went on, the extraction team started hearing signs of what was happening outside. It lent a real sense of urgency to the final stretch.
Squink field-tested a very cool mechanism lat night. Player A starts at one location, mounts up, puts Player B on /follow, and uses a GHI "blindfold" to black out the world. B then leads A to a similar location--in this case we went from an empty cave to a cave with a boss. Manual instancing! It didn't quite go off without a hitch, but it was fun and had some great potential.
Quote:
! It didn't quite go off without a hitch, but it was fun and had some great potential.

SHUSH.

Anyway, though, yes. Squink did an awesome job at running the last mission, and the use of the new mechanic of blindness - that plot element - made everything more tense and confusing. It was a great innovation and one that I would LOVE to see more of.

<3

In hopes that it doesn't inflate Squink's ego -too- much further, Squink did a great job of adapting the recon mission that Bey and Mara did. It seemed like they the group was a perfect match for what was happening and both of us had plenty to do. And the Screaming Grummle? My stomach ached from laughter.

"It is the function of art to renew our perception. What we are familiar with we cease to see. The writer shakes up the familiar scene, and, as if by magic, we see a new meaning in it." ~Anais Nin
NEED MORE BIGMOUTH

*ahem* I do concur with Mara. Somehow the mission set-up and mood made it so much easier to fall into character flow, and there were plenty of cases in which folks' strengths really became important. (Mara's Dreamwalking elixir for scouting out Horde ships, Bey's various druidstuffs for eavesdropping, etc.) Overall, everyone got to share equal opportunity and time to come forward and shine with their unique skills and resources beyond class-specific point and shoot/cast/slice. I just LOVE that sort of variation.

I liked the Bromm recovery mission because of the digging up of clues. The pace was perfect and it goes to show just what can be done in 60-90 minutes. Little bit of goofy, little bit of sneaky, little bit of combat.

I'm glad you guys enjoyed Uncle Boogers. Happy
I just wanted to give a shout-out to Hildan and anyone else that was involved with the plot planning of Hildan's extraction. Not only was this story arc in general fantastic, but all along the way there was a real effort to make it inclusive to everyone, not just those who were IC more close to the situation.

I found it very selfless to turn the rescue over to the guild's new blood. This is the kind of stuff that separates the Servitors from your average RP guild and is one of many reasons that I remain here.

In a nutshell: thank you for the awesome opportunity today.
Last Forum PostsLast Forum Post RSS Feed
TopicPostedReplies
 51days ago3 Replies
 61days ago0 Replies
 69days ago0 Replies
 84days ago0 Replies
 1009days ago1 Replies
Recent Awards

Dead!

Awarded To
Izarre

Best Typos