The Guard

Attn: Soldier Sigarni Windblade

To attain the rank of Marshal:

1) We have reports of troll problems around the Sunken Temple. Travelers staying in Bogpaddle and at least two soldiers from Marshtide Watch have gone missing. Drums have been heard in the night across the swamp, and there are rumors of trolls returned to the area, practicing blood rituals. Assemble a team and investigate the Sunken Temple. Search for evidence of the two missing soldiers, and if you find troll blood ritualists there, eliminate them.

2) Your quest is of an enriching nature, but one that I expect will provide you (and the Order) with advantages later. Travel to Nighthaven in Kalimdor. Soldier Sila Longsight will provide you with a letter of introduction for Malvor, one of the Kaldorei's foremost botanists. You will seek instruction from him on woodcraft and the plant life of Kalimdor. While in Nighthaven, take the opportunity to make contacts and allies among the Kaldorei and Cenarion Circle. Be mindful that even with a letter of introduction, it will not be easy to win their trust. When you return, provide Advisor Nash and myself with a full report.

Adjutant Etharion Longsight

((All right. We've won a war, buried our dead, and got done with that pesky furlough. I'd like to kick the dungeon out of the way Wednesday, February 1st starting at 6:30 PM Server time.

I'd love for Mirelle, Braenna, Etharion, and Trumoi to join Sigarni. If any of you can't make it, post here so I can scramble madly for replacements!

Thanks!))

(( That'll work for me! ))

Should be able to make it.

(( All good here! ))
Adjutant Longsight, Advisor Nash:

As ordered, here is my full report concerning our findings in the sunken temple and my own tasks given from the druids in Nighthaven.

We ventured into the sunken temple and did indeed discover evidence of troll cultists. We interrupted a ritual, slaughtering all who were present, and assuring none escaped. None of our team took injury. We located insignias from the guards of Marshtide Watch, as well as torn and bloody clothing. We found no evidence of living guards, nor bodies. They are presumed dead.

Trumoi had with her a small statue that she said she dug up from the sands. It was animate, and spoke Troll. When she set it down, it reacted in a most excited manner and led us down another branching passageway. There we discovered the skeletal remains of a giant windserpent. Our presence there completed what Trumoi called a 'partial summoning'. The skeleton became animate, and our team dispatched it once more. We then lay fire to the bones to ensure it would not reawaken. Trumoi says this will not be a permanent solution, but that it will be some time before they will stir again.

From my reading, it is my understanding that the Green Dragonflight sank the temple in the attempt to stop cultists from raising Hakkar the Soulflayer. What dragons remained behind seem to still be living under an edict to let nothing in nor out of that place. They were certainly not welcoming to us. We slaughtered all who threatened us. There were many young whelps, however, and I suspect there will be new generations. If no more trolls manage to slip in, then the dragons are free to guard that sunken tomb, as far as I am concerned.

The team of Mirelle Ashton, Braenna Ironbeard, Trumoi, Etharion Longsight and Dusty and myself worked well together. I cannot speak more highly of their skills and demeanor in the field, and I am proud that I was allowed to lead them forth.

In regards to Nighthaven:

The druids of Nighthaven were gracious hosts to me. The Lunar Festival was still ongoing during my visit, but they took time to speak with me and educate me on woodcraft and botany. Malvor questioned my interest in plants from Kalimdor, and showed me several specimens. By and large, the plants on the Kalimdor continent are not so different as those found in the Eastern Kingdoms. Some grow better there than here, and I have noted small variances in colour and height. According to Malvor, their practical applications are much the same, and he does not recommend Kalimdor herbs over those of the Eastern Kingdom. That being said, he did gift me with some seeds, and has asked for a return gift from my own plants. I have promised to send him a package. He also taught me an additional potion recipe I was not familiar with. In return, I showed him how to blend Black Silk. He was most appreciative.

I have also learned some carving techniques, expanding my knowledge. The druids taught me small tricks to make my carving flow more naturally, so that the pieces I turned out under their tutelage look almost as if they have grown such. (Please find enclosed a small carving of a peacebloom plant.) They taught me how to make watertight containers in multiple pieces, thus allowing me to carve larger containers than was previously possible. And finally, they taught me how to work veneers.

The Cenarion Druids were less inclined to speak for long periods with me, though I did make contact with them. They were pleased with what little I could tell them of Pearce's expedition to Karnum's Glade, and have promised to lend aid to their efforts there. They also requested that I make contact with a small subset of the Cenarion Expedition located in Northrend, known by the name D.E.H.T.A. I have pledged to do so.

If you have any further questions for me, I am at your disposal.

Soldier Sigarni Windblade

Last Forum PostsLast Forum Post RSS Feed
TopicPostedReplies
 58days ago3 Replies
 68days ago0 Replies
 76days ago0 Replies
 91days ago0 Replies
 1016days ago1 Replies
Recent Awards

Dead!

Awarded To
Izarre