Prose

Reports from the Field

Written in a minuscule but precise hand on small rectangles of parchment, of the size that may have once been intended to label poison vials. The Darnassian script appears to have been written in charcoal, and the scraps smudge easily as you read the already-smeared letters.

Day 1 Woke up today, don't know how long I was out. Can't find my necklace. Cere's necklace. Why does that feel so important? Other prisoners here, some Kaldorei, Sentinels, bandaged me and set bones. A priestess healed what she could. Everything hurts, but I'm alive. I think.

Day 4 New elves today, outside the cages. Called Nightborne. We only speak Common when they are here. Their accent is thick, but still Darnassian. Why do they work with the Legion? Two look like mages, did they call the Legion here again?

Day 5 They're going to move us tomorrow, one of the Nightborne said Felsoul. The Sentinel captain has a plan once we are on the move. One of the girls talked about an escape attempt before the camp was separated, many killed.

Day 6 We escaped at dawn. Stole a felsteel construct. Irony. Less than half of us made it out, but we started fires that should cremate those we lost. Can't see out of my right eye, no time to rest, we need to keep moving. No one knows these mountains or trees. Where are we?

Day 7 The moons are always clouded to the east. Elune guides us west, into the forest. Found fresh water. We are slow, injured, prey. The construct helps. Controls are similar to the tanks at the keep. Need to thank Davvi.

Day 9 Still no sign of where we are, even the stars have changed. We were not spotted moving into the forest, but we saw deformed Nightborne from a distance. We have heard the ocean, but cannot get close enough to see the shore.

Day 10 Passed by Elven ruins, corrupted by magic. Shadows moving in the rubble, might be ghosts, might be worse. A scout thought she saw a dragon to the south... heading north, heard flowing water. We need it.

Day 11 Followed the river west. North, the wildlife is more familiar – Stags, sabers, hippogryphs, and one of the scouting Sentinels thought she heard a dryad. The construct is running out of power, I don't know how much longer it'll last. Almost out of paper, too.

Day 15 The Sentinel captain thought she recognized the spires of a building in the distance. She called it Black Rook Hold. She said it was old – before the Sundering. We keep moving north, toward it. She said there was a temple nearby. Elune save us, wherever we are.

Day 16 Forest sprite nest, chased us into an owlkin den full of dead dryads... Backed into a ravine escaping their cave. Sea giants and hydras penning us in. Trapped. Every few hours, the Sentinels send out an owl's cry to call for help. Elune answer our prayers that an ally hears it first.

Last Forum PostsLast Forum Post RSS Feed
TopicPostedReplies
 58days ago3 Replies
 68days ago0 Replies
 76days ago0 Replies
 91days ago0 Replies
 1016days ago1 Replies
Recent Awards

Dead!

Awarded To
Izarre

Best Typos