Guild Missions and Events

Assembling the Lightforge

Nailed to the Board is a short missive, written in a shaky, uncertain hand.

“Servitors,

I will be making a foray into the ruins of Stratholme, and other locations, in an effort to obtain the materials necessary to proceed with the Lightforge project. Please make your mark below if you are interested in assisting.  All help will be appreciated.

As a note, these missions may include a lot of dealings with the Light, so if this is worrisome to you, please consider it before signing up.”

((Please include what times and days are best for you below!))

A "Zer" is written neatly in blue ink.

(I'm generally available any weekday, although Fridays are sometimes iffy but generally not too late on Fridays and I'm good. Weekends are tough, but Sunday evenings I'm generally available as well.)

A near unreadable scrawl is clumsily scratched out and amended with a still shaky (but more legible) "Ah'Lam".

((Tuesdays and Wednesdays work best for me now with my new schedule. All the rest of the week, I get off work at 5 pm server.))

Last edited by Ah Lam Creekwhisper on Oct. 17th, 2016 6:34 am; edited 1 time in total

- Rezi Gearlock

((Fridays tend to not work for me, unless we happen to not be recording the Wyrmcast then.))

"Minks Brightweld" written in a font so perfect one would think they were stamped or mechanically penned. 

(Any and all times are good. )

Izzy. 

Izarre

"I will assist where and when I am able to."

-Tanria

((The only free day I can guarantee being around for is Sundays until 8pm server.  The rest of my time is either being eaten up by work, or D&D.  Hopefully the time shift will make things easier.))

ATTN: Folcan

SUBJECT: Investigation Regarding Crystals in the Netherstorm

As per your request, I have looked into the possibility of acquiring a crystal large enough to satisfy your requirements for the Lightforge.  On this matter, I have inquired with both the ethereals of Stormspire and the goblins within Area 52. Though neither party has what we are seeking, they did provide insight on where we may find what we are looking for.

There had been tensions simmering between the remaining ethereals of the Consortium and a contingent of sin'dorei ever since the Fall of Kael'thas, although it has since cooled in recent times since neither side had actively acted aggressively against the other.  Both parties had been pillaging what remains of the Naaru fortress of Temptest Keep and its three satellites for items of value, which was likely to be the source of conflict between them.  The elves do not appear to be aligned with the Horde or follow any leader (they may have been aligned with the forces of Kael'thas before his fall, but it cannot be confirmed at this time).  Some of the ethereals go further to suggest that these elves may have fallen under the influence of the Void, but I can neither confirm nor deny these rumors.

The goblins of Area 52 have mostly stayed away from this conflict—they are more concerned with day-to-day upkeep.  Though they do not seem to know (or care?) about the conflict between the two sides, the engineers of B.O.O.M. (Braintrust of Orbital Operations and Mechanics) are familiar with at least one of the sin'dorei Artificer by the name of Belenra that comes into the settlement once every few weeks to engage in trade.  They say this Artificer recently relocated to one of the satellite structures known as The Mechanar in order to work on a device that even has the engineers in B.O.O.M. intrigued.

According to the goblins I inquired with, this Artificer Belenra is attempting to build a device to harvest magical energies—may that be arcane or otherwise—to be used in whatever means they see fit.  Within the Mechanar, there are "amazing crystals and advanced artifice left there by the Naaru and the Blood Elves of Kael'thas", so this is certainly information that is worthy of further investigation.  While they are unsure on how many hands the Artificer has with them, the goblins can confirm that this elf does not work alone.

Diplomacy may be an avenue of pursuit, but if these elves are pillagers and thieves of Naaru technology, they will likely ignore any attempts at peaceful negotiation.  A small strike team is recommended. 

---

-Applicant Tanria

*Posted to the Board*
For the next stage, we must work with a small party.  No more than four persons other than myself to go.  We will be infiltrating the remains of the Mechanar in an effort to locate and acquire the proper crystal for the Lightforge.  If it all possible, I would like to avoid engaging directly into combat from the get go, if we can help it.  Please, make your mark if you are interested in helping.

My thanks,

Folcan

(Time and Day that works best for you.  If there is enough interest, we will use Tempest Keep to house the event.)

Zer

(Basically any weekday typically works for me.)

Izzy.

Izarre

Folcan stepped out into the falling snow from the smithy.  Zerov was just heading down to the Keep to get some food, and Izarre was off to one side, looking out over the valley, and pissed.  It worried him, but he couldn't help but feel a bit victorious.  They had done it.  The Lightforge was powered and running.  It had taken a lot out of the three of them, but it was running.  This meant it was time to get the last pieces need to begin his work.

He knew, at least, where the anvil was: New Hearthglen.  He and Izarre had scouted it out when they had been there to help Lammy rescue those kids.  Folcan had almost felt it, he could swear.  It was there, and they needed to bring it back to the smithy.  Then, all that would be needed was the hammer.  They were so close.

Folcan hitched up his winter-weight cloak and walked towards Izarre, the woman he loved, and the woman who, if he said the wrong thing right now, might knock the living daylights out of him.

(More coming soon for the mission to retrieve the Anvil of Waylan!)

*obviously translated*

December 13th,

Wildhammer Keep, The Hinterlands

Mission Report: Recovery of the hammer of Waylan

Squadron Leader: Sergeant Izarre

Squadron Members: Advisor M, Zerov, Ah'lam, Eruus, Dog Doe

Objective: Locate and retrieve the Hammer of Waylan for the Lightforge in the Scarlet Enclave

Mission Summary: 

The squad landed near the walls of the enclave and made their way into the compound with little intelligence on the location of the hammer. Upon entry we found heavy Scarlet resistance. Nearly twenty Scarlet guards, which seemed like little more than conscript teens kept watch. The squadron decided to attempt to scout the Enclave buildings as quietly as possible and avoid confrontation. D. Doe, armed with grenades and seeds? provided by M and kept watch from the sky. Upon threat of detection of the rest of the Squad D. Doe dropped seeds? and grenades on a building, causing an explosion and setting the building on fire. The fire quickly spread throughout the compound under the watchful eye of our shamans. Ah'lam kept trapped Scarlets from being burned alive by flames. In the fire and confusion D. Doe went missing. Sensing something strange in what was once the town hall M went to explore. Once in the building, comms were lost and the rest of the Squad was unaware of her location. In the building she encountered D. Doe, under mind control from a robed subject. D. Doe pummeled M in bear form causing heavy damage to her suit. Meanwhile, searching for M and D. Doe, Izarre felt that the elements could not see inside said building and Zerov went to explore / assist the missing Servitors. The robed figure turned out to be some previously unknown form of Dreadlord with a shadow entity in its chest. The three shamans kept the fires at bay in the meantime. Once comms were reestablished, M's call for help led Izarre to send Ah'lam and Eruus into the building to assist while she kept the flames controlled and watched for Scarlets, should reinforcements arrive. Additionally Advisor Roiya arrived with Taldin to provide additional help. Upon destruction of the Dreadlord a key was found on the remains of the carcass. While Roiya and Ah'lam provided medical assistance to the injured Servitors, Izarre and Taldin went to look for the hammer. It was located in a small worn down chapel with a severely strong Light presence and recovered safely. Extraction was carried out with the help of Taldin and medical assistance was provided.

The mission was overall a great success. Save for the Dreadlord there was no loss of life of either Scarlet conscripts or Servitors. The hammer is currently being studied by Izarre, prior to attempts at using it on the forge.  

Injuries: Considerable. M, Zerov and D. Doe were all heavily injured. Medical attention has been provided. D. Doe also suffered mental trauma after being being mind controlled into attacking Advisor M. Recommend observation and treatment. Light injuries to other members of the squadron. 

Individual performance reports: 

Ah'lam: Shows great control of fire. The fire elements speak highly of her.

Dog Doe: Proved a capable areal scout. Needs discipline and needs to follow orders.  

Sergeant Izarre *signed in Izarre's chickenscratch* 

Izarre
Last Forum PostsLast Forum Post RSS Feed
TopicPostedReplies
 56days ago3 Replies
 66days ago0 Replies
 74days ago0 Replies
 89days ago0 Replies
 1015days ago1 Replies
Recent Awards

Dead!

Awarded To