Dear Diary

A worn leather journal - The thoughts of Gwynver Valenti

((There is nothing special about this book. It is a simple affair, pages of a cheap paper bound in a leather cover. The leather, once of decent quality, has become so worn it is soft and supple and in places has began to peel away.))

I am a coward.

I have finally arrived, and I must admit that I did not hurry. It still seems to me that it was a dream, that I came to be back in this place. That I was not punished for my lack of faith in myself, for my cowardice.

The cards have told me I have not yet fulfilled my destiny here in this place, they guide my actions still to that of a Servitor. But, I am frightened.

The one called Jo, she could sense beneath me and find the lies beneath when I was here last year. She kept calling me paladin. She could feel my past, could find my ghosts. I am worried that she may find more, that she may tell someone what she senses. All I want is to move on, to forget. Who I was is no longer who I am.

I am no paladin. I am a coward.

Here I stand, staring at a testament to dwarven strength and ingenuity, home to a people that I admire and respect. Whom I do not wish to let down. The cards tell me this is where I should be, and this is where I genuinely want to be. A place to atone, to make a difference, and to be a part of something greater. Perhaps, should I be so lucky, it will be a place to start over, a place to forget, a place of new hope.

Light. I am so very tired.

Last Forum PostsLast Forum Post RSS Feed
TopicPostedReplies
 58days ago3 Replies
 68days ago0 Replies
 76days ago0 Replies
 91days ago0 Replies
 1017days ago1 Replies
Recent Awards

Dead!

Awarded To
Izarre