Dear Diary

Peeri's Confessions

The journal itself is a very large tome with a hand print on the front. It is only able to be opened by the person who has the matching hand. The book is inscribed with runes and symbols, set with gold leaf. The corners of the cover has gems adhered to it, which makes the book itself valuable.

Inside, all the writing is done in an old language, one not even many Draenei would be able to read. Apparently the author is taking no chances with the book. The section that seems to have recent writing is more than halfway through the tome.

Zofika,

It has been so long since I held you. I miss you. Especially your laughter.

You would be happy for me. I have joined a group of people who actually help Azeroth. You never did see this world...It is lush, as Draenor once was. But like all those we had tried to settle, it is rife with it’s own problems.

There are more races on it than most of the others. There are Gnomes, which are so very small. I fear kicking them on accident when I walk. They like to get underfoot like a child I used to know. But some use their small height to both an advantage and a reason to be unsavory. Not as if I am any better, lately.

Dwarves are slightly taller, more stocky. Built like rock, and apparently born from it. All the males wear extensive and elaborate beards. The females are similar with their hair, but no beards. At least that I know of. I have not seen many female Dwarves.

Humans are taller, still pink, but can range to almost black. They are apparently from a northern race called the Vrykul. The humans were once the runts of the race, and it had been tradition to leave any who were born so small out in the elements to die.

Worgen are a subspecies of humans that are able to turn from human to a more wolven appearance. They sprout claws, large fanged teeth, and even a large snout. No tail, however, though I would have thought they would have one. It is apparently a curse that affects only humans and the Kaldorei, but I have not seen any Kaldorei worgen to say this with any confidence. Only human ones.

Kaldorei are a type of...they are like humans with more height, very long pointed ears, and glowing eyes. They also have fangs as we do. They are very xenophobic, and stay to their forests and what they call ‘world tree’s. The trees are quite large, able to fit cities inside it’s branches.

These races make up what is called the Alliance. It is a tentative grouping, especially when the humans are very warmongering. Having the curse makes it even worse.

There are other races. They make up what is called the Horde. The Alliance is technically at peace with them, but peace never lasts. We all know that.

The orcs are part of the Horde. Anything violent follows them. As we both well know.

They have a race of bovine people they call the Tauren. They are the most peaceful of the faction, and they respect nature and the laws of it. They have honor and work well with the Kaldorei and other people when it comes to the earth and nature.

Trolls are apparently a cousin to the Kaldorei, and while they are tall, they are stooped with only three fingers and large protruding noses and bottom tusks. They are very tribal, as we once were, but refuse to change. They worship Loa, which are different forms of animal and nature spirits.

The Horde is also home to a type of being called Undead. They are humans who were returned to a semblance of life by a strong necromancer. They are similar to what is called Death Knights. All undead. But it is too long a story to write here. I shall tell you of it later.

A cousin of the Kaldorei, the Sin’dorei, have joined the Horde as well. They are much smaller, and instead of cool colors of their skin, the Sin’dorei have human-like skin tones. They are also magic eaters. Apparently, their eyes change color depending upon what type of magic they eat. Which means that their green eyes is caused by Fel magic. Perhaps the blue of the Quel’dorei is from arcane magic. They are the same race, though the Quel’dorei is more neutral than the Sin’dorei.

Another neutral race is another animal-like race. They are called Pandaren, and look like bears. Frankly, they are adorable...But I never said that. They can eat one of our Bulls under the table, even if they are shorter. They have earned my respect, but not because they demand it...But because they are of the world, not just on it.

Anyway...This group I have joined is called the Servitors of Lothar. They follow the ideals of a human who was selfless and worked to see his people free. Their motto is ‘Strength, Courage, Compassion’, and is something I can stand with...Even if I lack much compassion.

I lack much, now that you are gone. It doesn’t matter how long it has been. All I can hope to do is continue on. Do my best to rid the world of those who would hurt more like you.

Hopefully this order can help me obtain that goal.

I love you, Zofika. Rest well for me.

Last edited by Edania Wendell on Mar. 12th, 2016 8:42 pm; edited 1 time in total

Zofika,

It is odd actually working with all the races of the Alliance. Granted, I’ve not done much ‘working’ of yet with the Servitors. I have only started meeting those who are in it.

Commander Etharion is a nice male, for a Kaldorei. Soft spoken but cares for those under him.

Advisor Roiya is another Kaldorei. She is my direct supervisor, and while she has not given me a task yet, she seems glad I have joined, since I am a healer.

Advisor M...is a prickly Gnome. However my attempt at levity did not work on her. She views those who oppose us much as I do. Especially given what happened to you, dearest.

Another Kaldorei, named Frovelos, is nice to me, but is obsessed with his current mission. I do not blame him, however. I would be too, if something rabid lived near my settlement and was eating the people around me.

Another Gnome, Cloudweaver, is a priestess. She seems to keep her nose in a book, however. She doesn’t seem to have the same aura as our soul priests, and seems too nice to be like them.

Sergeant Jocastia is a rather odd person. She is helpful, but quite absent minded, or so she seems. She adores her cheese, however.

Skybrook is yet another Kaldorei. She is an isolationist, or seems to be. She is one of the shadow keepers of the group, preferring to walk in them when doing her job. She was a bit more open than I would have thought someone of her type would be.

Quin’lisse is a human that gave me tea. I don’t know much about her.

I have met a couple of our kind, however, and it has given me hope and joy. One named Masana is sweet. She is hard to understand, for she is a Death Knight. I believe I told you of them. Her jaw was not repaired correctly, and so she will need to have work done. But she is old, like I am. We can share memories.

Another ancient is Izarre. She switched paths, as I did. I still need to explain that to you, my heart. But she is an Elementalist, who was once a Vindicator. I feel as if I have known her all my life. We instantly clicked, and it was as if I was not so alone.

She has a human partner, and I both applaud her for the match and weep for her, for it is doomed before it ever really started. But she shall make his life amazing, I can already tell. And he is not so bad, for a human. Folcan is fun to tease, however. I believe he will think me a nightmare. That might be enjoyable.

Perhaps these people will be able to draw me from my shell that I have created since you were forced to leave me. This is as much for me, as my work is for them. Mutually beneficial, I believe is the saying. Or maybe I am placing too much hope upon all of this.

We shall see, my heart.

I love you, Zofika. Rest well for me.

Zofika,

They do not understand. They will never understand. The Naaru did not save us. They only gave life to those they wished, or who were in the immediate vicinity. They could have done so much more, but chose not to. For that, I will forever despise them.

Despite that topic, I did come in contact with some interesting Arcanists. One is a human who uses Inscription to keep a curse at bay. Only through channeling his pool through it, does it keep him human. The idea itself is ingenious, but he says it is very draining. He seems to have a deep knowledge of the Arcane and all it entails, for a human. I do wish to pick his brain more. His name is Chalybs Draco, and I am looking forward to more intellectual talks.

The other is one of our own. I do not know how old she is, but there are few who were at that last moment. Few who stood on the ramp of the Genedar as the Naaru decided it was time to leave. They don’t know the pain of watching as the world was devoured. Of seeing the once sparkling mountains be engulfed in a green inferno. Of knowing everything you ever held dear was down on the surface of the planet, left to the insanity and appetite of the monsters that were once our own people.

They look at me as if I am crazy when I speak of the Naaru, my heart. No one understands what was truly lost that day. Things can be replaced, but not family.

Not you.

I love you, Zofika, always. Rest well for me.

Zofika,

I have been slowly gaining the trust of the Servitors. It has made me happier than I would have realized to have people to call...friends?...again. It is odd. I spent so much time away from people, no matter where I went...that it is weird to be so close to them again. I never did mingle with the races, even when I traveled Stormwind or Azeroth in general. Not even on Draenor, the 'first' one, did I talk to the orcs much. Then again, I never really talked to our own people either. And yet...It feels different. Feels like home. Having a common goal, and a way to meet said goal. It is good to find my place in the grand scheme of things, even if it does not last as long as I would hope, with the Legion breathing down our necks.

And yet, there are some that I am becoming closer to. Frovelos. M. Chalybs. Izarre. Even the Fel caller, Connie. I...would be sad if anything happened to these people. I would actually feel pain. It is odd, when attachments form. I am not so used to it any more...So long so aloof, and yet I come here and join this unit, and that whole ideal shatters so easily. Was I so desperate for companionship? For people who would not judge me? They still look at me odd when I speak out against the Naaru, but that is to be expected. Ever since our people have come to this planet, all they have heard from us was how wonderful and great the Naaru are. I know I am not the only one who feels this way. But I digress.

I am looking forward to the missions we are going to be going on soon. The one to Eldre'thalas will be quite straight forward, though it is not without it's perils. It used to be a great city of the Kaldorei for their Highborne caste. It is said it is full of magic, and ogres. Though the ogres do not bother me. It is also said that the ogres have a type of crystal magic, that I am looking forward to learning more about. Perhaps it can augment my own skill set.

Karazhan though...That is the mission I am looking forward to most. It is a large castle built by one of the great human magi. He was able to turn his whole dwelling into a type of sentient being, as well as phase some of it out of space and time. It is a magical marvel, and one I wish to truly explore. There are traps, of course. Traps that exist on all levels of life, bridging the mundane to the magical itself. One is said to be a large chess set. Another is a magical cage that will trap anything and anyone in side. Also, there are untold undead, made up of mostly ghosts, but many other things. But you know me. I enjoy a challenge and a puzzle. I keep being told that I won't come out the same, or at least that's what it seems like by those who have been there. But I am excited and looking forward to it.

Speaking of Chalybs, he is a magi, much like us. He has extensive markings, much as I do. However it is used to keep his pattern in the same alignment. He uses so much of his own magic, but he is also able to tap into the lines crossing over the world. It is fascinating. I have talked to him at length about it, and I doubt I will ever feel less amazed at what he can do. Another magi, Dexter, is a techno-magi. Chalybs called him an artificer. He claimed semantics when I called Dexter a techno-magi, but there is a difference. We have quite a few magi. It makes me happy being able to talk about magic with others. Even when they are not magi, we can still have theological debates about such. It..makes me happy.

Being here...makes me happy.

All I am missing is you. 

I love you, Zofika, always. Rest well for me.

The writing is shaky and all over the page.

You haunt me.

I see you everywhere. Crying. Begging. 

I turn around and there you are.

You scream, and it reverberates in my brain.

I can't help you.

I CAN'T HELP YOU.

Just go away.

You should be dead.

Why aren't you dead?!

Don't make me die for both of us.

Last Forum PostsLast Forum Post RSS Feed
TopicPostedReplies
 58days ago3 Replies
 68days ago0 Replies
 76days ago0 Replies
 91days ago0 Replies