Prose

Letters from Izzy's will

*within are the three letters in Izzy's will*

My dear Lions,

Know that my time with you has been among the best in my long life. For once I was able to be who I am and live the life I chose rather than the life required of me. I’m glad I chose to live it with all of you. I’m glad to have had the opportunity to defend this world and it’s people as a Servitor of Lothar. I wish it could have been longer, but this is far from the end. Those of you who were with me when we faced the Unnamed know that a Servitor remains a Servitor even after they die. You know that even in death I will continue to watch over you and help when I can. My strength, like that of all who have fallen before me, remains within all of you.

Brom, it was an honor, and pleasure to serve under, and with you. You are the heart of the Servitors. The steadfast smile. Don’t let this dampen your spirit. Keep them safe.

M. You’re well aware that I always considered you a friend. I hope that you felt the same about me. Never have I met a leader who cared so much for her people. So willing to sacrifice for others. You are the mind and soul of the Servitors. Lead well, and if ever you need anything from the other side, just ask.

Zibby. You were never my favorite student, but are now my favorite Vindicator. I leave you with a heavy burden. It now falls on you to carry our traditions and my teachings. Take the best of our millennial traditions and the best of what youth has to offer and find a new path for our order. I love you, and my light will be with you always.

Fro, my dear, you are far too young to have gone through all you’ve been through. Please, dedicate more time to yourself, and to finding happiness. You deserve it. Take it from an old woman. There needs to be more to life than fighting.  Promise me you’ll try. Don’t keep your eyes on the past, turn them to the future and all it holds for you. 

Lammy, my beloved sister. I’m sorry that I can no longer bare the burden of the elements with you, but I leave them in good hands. Take care of them, but more than that take care of yourself. There is so much you’ve never healed from. Remember that water must sometimes come to rest in a lake before continuing its path downstream. I’m also still waiting be an aunt, you know.

Sky. We’ve shared so much together. I will miss you dearly. I don’t have the words to express the happiness that you have brought to my life. Thank you for letting me mother you and spoil you. You will always be a part of my family. Please, take care of Zuriah for me. You’re the only one who has been able to get close to her and brought some of her old self back. As a mother, I could never thank you enough for that.

Jo. Your power terrifies me. That you are able to control it, and remain the cheerful, levelheaded person you are has always earned my admiration.  Don’t loose yourself. Count on me if you ever need a little light in the darkness.

Nel. What if? Stay strong! I’m sorry I can no longer maintain your gear for you.  Folcan and Zerov will have to take over for me, and keep your crystals charged. There is light in you. Find it.

Davvi. Light, I will miss your smile and general happiness. You are the most adorable, beautiful person I have ever met. You light up the world with the way you are. Never change. 

Nora. Don’t put your faith in titles. Being a Paladin or a Vindicator is defined by your actions, not a name. However, should you wish to train in Karabor take the badge from my armor. Zerov can introduce you. I’m sure they will grant an old Vindicator’s dying wish. I would have loved to train you. Your Light is beautiful without the need of a church to make it shine. Never forget that the Light is a gift, it’s beauty lies in what you make of it. 

Etharion. Thank you. You chose to give a novice shaman who could barely speak in common a chance. I hope that you, Thoran, and the children have found the peace you longed for. I will give your Meri a hug for you. 

Those of you that I left out, or perhaps have yet to meet, you each know what you mean to me and how special you are.

This is far from goodbye. I will see you all in due time and greet you with open arms in the Shadowlands. I love you all and will miss you dearly. Thank you all for being the light in an old woman’s final years.

Iz’Aharre

Last edited by Izarre on Aug. 19th, 2018 2:06 am; edited 2 times in total

Izarre

My dear children,

Nothing could be harder for me than to say goodbye to you in writing. Unfortunately there are few other options for our kind. Peaceful deaths are not written in our stars. 

We prepare now for our assault on Argus itself. For what we hope is the final battle against the Legion. If you’re reading this it means that I fell fighting for your futures. I leave this life with no regrets, knowing we will win this war and that all I fought for, and all we sacrificed was not in vain. 

You have always been the light of my life, my reason for living. Since the first time I learned that I was pregnant the sole purpose of my life has been to try to make sure that your lives were the best they could be. I fought every battle I had to fight with the hope that one day you wouldn’t have to live in fear of our enemy. I know that this very choice led to my failings as a mother. I know many of you hold it against me, the time I spent away from you. Know that I missed each and every one of you, every second I was away. Know that it weighs heavily in my heart that I missed your first words and steps. Know that I did the very best I could. 

Find peace, my darling children. The future is yours. I will be with you always, watching over you and sending you my love from the other side. You were my Light, the stars in the sky that guided my steps. I will miss sharing peace by your sides.

Your loving mother,

Iz’Aharre

Last edited by Izarre on Aug. 19th, 2018 2:06 am; edited 1 time in total

Izarre

Folcan, my love,

I’m sorry I’ve left you. I’m sorry I wasn’t able to outlive you to spare you this grief. I’m sorry that I wasn’t able to give you the life that you deserve. I can’t tell you not to grieve. I’ve lost more than enough to know that this isn’t possible. I can only tell you to live. My darling husband. I lived a long, full live. I saw many wonderful worlds. I watched my children grow into wonderful Draenei. Unfortunately, even for my kind, we all have to move on. None of us can live forever.

Darling, my time on Azeroth was defined by you. Since we met I knew that you were a wonderful person. I knew that the Light within you is beautiful. I loved you since we met and will continue to do so until we meet again. You were my only husband who was truly my own choice. Not that required for the survival of my kind, not that suggested by the Order. The one I chose solely following my heart. You were the reason I left my people. The reason I left my children’s side. My reason to fight for this world. You were my reason to move on when I felt my energy was spent. My happiness. My strength. My inspiration.  You were my life.

My love, don’t allow my death to be yours. Grieve, remember the beautiful things we shared together and let me go. Live. Love. Find your path in life without me. Find another wonderful woman to be happy with. To build the family you long for. I know you will choose someone wonderful. Don’t allow my memory to keep you from enjoying your life. You are the kindest, most wonderful person I’ve known. This world needs paladins like you. It needs friends like you. It needs fathers like the one you will become.  

Thank you my love, for every moment we spent together. Thank you for loving me. I know I didn’t always make it easy. Thank you for putting up with my millennia of trauma and stubborn ways. Thank you for making me your wife. For giving me a family and a home. I go now to hold my children, to feast with Servitors past. Don’t worry about me.

My Light will always be with you when you need it. I’ll never be far. Just call when you need me.

I love you, now and forever.

Iz

Izarre
Last Forum PostsLast Forum Post RSS Feed
TopicPostedReplies
 29days ago3 Replies
 39days ago0 Replies
 47days ago0 Replies
 62days ago0 Replies
 987days ago1 Replies
Recent Awards

Dead!