Prose

To Seda Artec ((Replies open to Seda))

The letter is left overnight in the workshop, taped to a bench. 

Seda,

Greetings. I am hopeful you are well. I have a potential project that I would be interested in your assistance with, if you would be available. You may have noticed this previously but I am unable to speak well due to semi recent damages. It is unlikely to improve. I have been considering options and one I have considered most strongly is using an automated voice, like some sentries and archivums have. This would require a vast amount of programming and recording of spoken words, which is why I could potentially benefit from assistance.

This is only a general and vague concept. Any ideas that would lead to the same goal are of use.

Have a pleasant day,

-M.

This response is taped to M's door.

M,

That is unfortunate. I would be willing to assist in this endeavor, however.

As automatons are currently a developing field of my expertise I have not expanded my endeavors into adding voice to them. I can begin investigating the means of accomplishing this, however.

In the meantime a proper interface between yourself and a machine to relay intended phrases would be a productive starting point for this project, I believe. Perhaps a converter of morsh to spoken dialogue?

I will investigate some possibilities.

-Seda

Taped back on the same bench...

Seda,

Understood. Agreed. Morsh would be most efficient, I believe. One primary question is if specific series of clicks could translate into particular words, at least for commonly used phrases, to avoid the delay of spelling out everything one letter at a time. Perhaps not from the outset, but as an eventual goal.

I am pleased you are able to assist.

-M.

Last Forum PostsLast Forum Post RSS Feed
TopicPostedReplies
 58days ago3 Replies
 68days ago0 Replies
 76days ago0 Replies
 91days ago0 Replies
 1017days ago1 Replies
Recent Awards

Dead!

Awarded To