Guild Missions and Events

Mission Report: Silver Scroll Investigation

After Action Report - Caverns of Time Investigation Related to Silver Scroll

Date: Monday 15 February 18:00-21:00

Mission Lead: Warden Dexter Knutcrank (DK)

Mission Team:
-Advisor M. Mindspanner (M)
-Warden Jocastia Silverwright (JS)
-Sentinel Frovelos (F)
-Soldier Shivs Ankleshanks (Shivs)
-Soldier Seda Artec (Artec)
-Initiate Skybrooke Shadewhisper (SS)
-Initiate Ah'lam Creekwhisper (AC)
-Initiate Lavielen Ragecrest (LR)

Initial Contact:

Mission team arrived and met within the Caverns of Time at 18:00. DK gave brief overview of the purpose of their presence. Had arranged for a meeting with one of the Bronze Dragonflight representatives, one Halidormu. Mission team met with Halidormu and discussed the mysterious scroll (see attached copy of scroll transcript) that led them to the Caverns. Halidormu informed them that he had no knowledge of the scroll, or of its origin. Suggested to the mission team that if they were seeking any Kirin Tor agents within the caverns, they would find some within the timestream of Old Hillsbrad.

Timestream Insertion:

Taking the bronze dragon's advice, mission team decided to investigate any possible leads within the Old Hillsbrad timestream, with the Keepers of Time permission. Mission team decided on a cover story of travelers heading for Dalaran for their presence in the timestream and for seeking Kirin Tor agents. Mission team then entered the timestream portal.

Upon entering, mission team encountered unexpected time-split. The team had been divided into two separate segments of time within the same timestream. It is unknown or unclear how this occurred, or how far apart the time segments were, but mission team agreed to proceed with investigation, keeping in contact via COMM. M led Team 1 with JS, Artec, and AC; DK led Team 2 with F, Shivs, SS, and LR. Both teams proceeded to the town of Southshore where a group of Kirin Tor magi were reported to be staying.

Team 2 arrived within Southshore and discovered no signs of Kirin Tor in the town. Initially investigated the inn, and followed by sweeping the rest of the town to no avail. While awaiting news from Team 1's search, Team 2 decided to search the nearby town of Tarren Mill for possible signs of Kirin Tor. Upon arrival, team noticed the presence of abundantly armed militia. DK stopped team on road just outside of town and granted permission to team mates to conduct reconaissance, utilizing capabilities of three Scouts and LR to covertly sweep the town. No Kirin Tor were found, but weapon stockpiles, dragonkin tracks, and men speaking in an unfamiliar tongue were all seen. DK believed possible bronze dragonflight work was being conducted and extracted team 2 out of town to avoid interference with timestream events.

Team 1 encountered a group of Kirin Tor within the inn in their time segment, and discussed the silver scroll with them. SS was in possession of the scroll, so Shivs utilized the photograph transmission capabilities of the COMM to capture an image of the scroll and transmit it to Team 1 for their use with the Kirin Tor. The Kirin Tor magi did not have any knowledge of the scroll or its contents, but suggested a wizard located in a nearby guard tower as a possible source for information. Team 1 relayed this information to Team 2 and both teams proceeded to the tower in their separate time segments.

Team 1 arrived at their tower and encountered hostile infinite dragonflight agents. They engaged in combat and subdued the infinite dragonflight and proceeded to the top of the tower. There they discovered no traces of the aforementioned wizard.

Team 2 arrived at the guard tower located at a road junction halfway between Tarren Mill and Southshore. Wishing to avoid contact with the garrison, and again utilizing the capabilities of the Scouts, Team 2 penetrated the tower's defenses and made their way to the top of the tower. At the top of the tower, team 2 encountered a single guard, who was taken by surprise by the team, but did not sound an alarm. After telling the guard of their purpose and of the scroll, the guard revealed himself as the 'wizard' spoken of and transformed his appearance to a knight, armored in purple and blue armor with sigil of the Kirin Tor. He claimed he was a Tirisgarde Warrior, a protector of the enigmatic and secretive Council of Tirisfal whom he told the scroll had originated from. The Tirisgarde Warrior seemed to have an expansive knowledge of the timestream, indicating a possible affinity for time-related magic. He informed the team that those in possession of the scroll were to obtain three hidden fragments of a Runestone, and that he was the guardian of the first fragment. He informed the team that there was little time to waste as hidden enemies would also be on the trail of the fragments. He gave the team the location of the fragment, hidden in a tree stump in the hills and protected by an enchantment. Soon after a sizeable drake of the Infinite Dragonflight appeared and attacked the tower. Team 2 escaped with the Tirisgarde Warrior's distraction of the beast and made for the location of the stump. 

Team 1 proceeded to fragment location in their time segment as well. They encountered an infinite drake on their way as well, but it was found asleep. Team 1 cautiously circled around the sleeping drake to reach the fragment location. They were unable to retrieve the fragment as it appeared to be temporally displaced.

Team 2 arrived at the fragment location in their time segment and discovered the same situation with the fragment, identifying it as being temporalyl displaced as well. Team 2 was then beset upon by the infinite drake that had attacked the tower. DK worked on retrieving them fragment over the COMM with team 1, while SS, Shivs, F, and LR engaged the drake in combat. The drake was mortally wounded on the defensive while LR and Shivs maintained severe injury. The two teams coordinated over the COMM to attempt to touch the fragment in both time segments at the exact same moment in an attempt to retrieve it from its displacement. Artec and DK achieved this and upon conversion, both teams were physically extracted from the timestream and returned to the caverns of time entry. Artec and DK had retrieved the single fragment which had been locked between the two time segments. Mission team, now united and out of danger, assessed injuries and affects of time displacement. All team members were designated clear for transport and a portal returned the mission team to Aerie Peak for medical treatment and mission recovery. LR sustained heavy blunt force trauma to abdomen, Shivs sustained moderate blunt force trauma to abdomen. Both were admitted to the infirmary for treatment. Others on team sustained minor injuries that did not require medical treatment.

Summary:

Mission team successfully found a contact with knowledge of the silver scroll and its contents. From this the team was able to retrieve a fragment of a Runestone that seems to be of high importance. Two other fragments are believed to also be hidden within the caverns of time, but possibly other timestreams. Further investigation is recommended. 

Mission team also performed exceptionally, displaying excellent proficiency in adapting to a variable mission environment within a turbulent and unforseen environment in the timestream. All team members demonstrated disciplined investigation techniques, effective communication, and field awareness to accomplish a successful information gathering and item retrieval, all with keeping within the constrained environment of time-walking in a sensitive timestream.

Servitors,

After a successful recovery mission of the first Rune Fragment from the Caverns of Time, I am planning on a second exploratory mission aimed at retrieving the second fragment.

Consulting with the Keepers of Time, and based on information gained from the first mission there are no definite leads on where the second fragment could be located. Reports from a timestream involving the Dark Portal provide intriguing information on mysterious persons being seen wandering the swamps.

I intend on taking a small team into the Black Morass timestream to seek out these mysterious individuals with hopes of locating the second fragment or information on its whereabouts. This will require the mission team to again remain unobstructive to timestream maintenance but not quite the subtlety required in Hillsbrad's past, as the swamp is more remote.

I am asking for two to four volunteers to assist me with this mission which will take part on a day to be determined next week. Please sign your name below if interested.

Additionally, if anyone is interested in assisting me with deciphering the Rune Fragments' themselves, I would greatly appreciate it. Those with knowledge of languages, magical artifacts, or minerals may be excellent candidates.

In Lothar's Name,

Warden Knutcrank

*A large M is scrawled onto the page just below Dexter's name.*

((Written in block letters:)

MASANA

*a note pinned to the note*

Know a ting or two about minerals and magics. Can also helo if language Eredun or deviat from, or orc of nature.

Izarre

((Also up for the mission if its a a time I can manage))

Izarre

Written in neat block letters:

Quin Adama

((Written in hasty chicken scratch))

Ah'Lam Creekwhisper

((Hey all, looks like we have a nice group signed up, so I wanted to ask about your availability this next week. I'm shooting for Thursday Night, Friday Night, or any time Saturday as the possible dates. Let me know what works for each of you and we'll pick a time that sounds best for everyone. Thanks for your interest!))

((Thursday works best for me, but Friday would be okay.))

((I will work around whatever!))

((Thursday evening works, so long as it's past 1:00 server--that's when I get off of work. Friday and Saturday I'm completely free. Long story short, I'm open to whatever works for you guys!))

((I'm good any time, although Sat it'd have to be after around 12-1300 ST cause I work.))

Last Forum PostsLast Forum Post RSS Feed
TopicPostedReplies
 29days ago3 Replies
 39days ago0 Replies
 47days ago0 Replies
 62days ago0 Replies
 987days ago1 Replies
Recent Awards

Dead!

Awarded To
Izarre

Best Typos