The Guard

A letter to Etharion

Adjutant Longsight,

With my duties as the Commander's aide having achieved a sort of steady rhythm, I believe I'm in a position to continue the conversation we'd begun just before the siege. To wit: I would like to make an official request for a task for promotion to Marshal.

~Solider Squink Shadowquill
Soldier Shadowquill:

Per our conversation, your task shall be:

1) Locate the goblin agent Bollix and offer protective custody in return for everything he knows about the Twilight's Hammer: his contacts, undercover cells, etc. Be mindful that Bollix is known to use poisons and invisibility potions, and has made at least one attempt on a Servitor's life.

2) Proceed with the false flag operation on the Ashenvale coast. Lead a disguised team into Blackfathom Deeps and give the local naga a good reason to retaliate against the nearby Horde shipyard.

Report to me when you have accomplished these tasks.

Adj. Lonsight

Advisor Longsight,

The mission to the Ashenvale coast was an unqualified success, with regard to its immediate objectives. My team, in impeccable disguise, infiltrated a system of caves inhabited by the local naga, and proceeded to engage in swift and brutal combat. None we engaged were left alive, though we made certain not to engage all; the glinting silver eyes that followed our progress from deep under the cave's saltwater reservoirs could hardly have been missed.

Two surprising additions to the naga forces in the cave were satyrs (Adjutant Graymind notes that this is officially recognized as a Place of Power with respect to the Legion's activities), and a detachment of Twilight's Hammer cultists. Neither posed significant threat, and we continued with our objectives unhampered. We found—and appropriately desecrated—a naga shrine, and proceeded beyond it to find a hydra that had been guarded by the cave's inhabitants. In the hydra cavern, we discovered what Knight Pearce determined to be a Legion artifact, which was subsequently delivered to the Exodar for study, containment, and disposal.

The strike team returned to the Keep with no significant injuries. Contacts in Astranaar will provide regular updates as to the tactical situation along Zoram Strand, so as to evaluate the long-term efficacy of this operation.

Efforts to track Bollix proceed apace. I expect to have a formal update for you on this second matter by week's end.

~Soldier Squink Shadowquill
Last Forum PostsLast Forum Post RSS Feed
TopicPostedReplies
 58days ago3 Replies
 68days ago0 Replies
 77days ago0 Replies
 92days ago0 Replies
 1017days ago1 Replies
Recent Awards

Dead!

Awarded To
Izarre